Bullnose Forums

Broken throttle cable

lmc will be a good place to start. there catalogs and online catalog will get you to pictures also. order the catalog as it will be a good standard to have on hand. there may also be diagrams here in the documents section but i have not looked for this item there yet. gary should know for sure

lmc will be a good place to start. there catalogs and online catalog will get you to pictures also. order the catalog as it will be a good standard to have on hand. there may also be diagrams here in the documents section but i have not looked for this item there yet. gary should know for sure

I did that last night. All I could find was diesel under efi.

Look on ebay. Enter your trucks details and it should spit something out.

I just ordered a used throttle cable for an 82 bronco.

I just scoured the LMC catalog and I did find the accelerator cable, but there is still, I believe, a cable that opens up the air intake on the throttle body and whatever other components that might be in that general that I am ignorant of...

I just scoured the LMC catalog and I did find the accelerator cable, but there is still, I believe, a cable that opens up the air intake on the throttle body and whatever other components that might be in that general that I am ignorant of...

efi.jpg.33167883a635472325ef10fc12d648ea.jpg One cable is the ..elerator, the other I assume is for the air.

One cable is the ..elerator, the other I assume is for the air.

that is the smallest picture I have seen on here yet. however, at best there can be three cables connected at the top/front of the intake. they mount under the black umbrella cover onto the triangular base. there is a throttle cable also named the accelerator cable. it clips onto a ball stud on the throttle lever opening up the air pipes to the engine. there is often a cable piggybacked onto the throttle cable if the truck has cruise control. this piggyback cable goes through the same bracket but at a different position then continues over the brake booster to a diaphragm mounted on the driver side fender. the third possible cable will be also mounted to the throttle lever but in a for/aft position. then going down behind the engine to the driver side of the transmission. this would only be if you have the automatic with overdrive trans.

that is the smallest picture I have seen on here yet.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yep! Damon, what a feat!

I don't see a picture. I guess that would make it small. My tech skills are not the best at times. I don't have a speed control so I can forget about that cable. I was really needing the little one that has about a 270 degree bend in it. I used a bit of hillbilly engineering on that. I think that one is actually a part of the throttle body. Thanks for the responses. I'm sure I'll be back...