Bullnose Forums

TPS values and throttle opening

ReneH

Understood.

I'm still awake and also tried to measure, but without success...

I have connected my multimeter minus to gnd and plus probe to the map signal...but I don't get anything...no frequency...

What is wrong with my measurement?

Thanks!

I'm still awake and also tried to measure, but without success...

I have connected my multimeter minus to gnd and plus probe to the map signal...but I don't get anything...no frequency...

What is wrong with my measurement?

Thanks!

I've got a hit...I have connected the MAP directly to the plenum with one of my silicone vacuum hoses and it works!:nabble_anim_claps:

It was a vacuum leak in the hard-plastic line that connects the MAP with the plenum...

20230319_022332.jpg.d4fec95e33fd4966b8532f2c5a1b7f35.jpg

so as the MAP gets no vacuum, it gives advice to put in fuel more and more....

I will replace all lines due silicone hoses...

I've got a hit...I have connected the MAP directly to the plenum with one of my silicone vacuum hoses and it works!:nabble_anim_claps:

It was a vacuum leak in the hard-plastic line that connects the MAP with the plenum...

so as the MAP gets no vacuum, it gives advice to put in fuel more and more....

I will replace all lines due silicone hoses...

Glad you found it!

I think I mentioned that in the original thread. Now you should be able to get the rest of it sorted.

On measuring sensors, you can't use the actual ground, you have to measure to the black/white sensor return circuit. I found that out the hard way on my 1990 Lincoln Town Car.

Glad you found it!

I think I mentioned that in the original thread. Now you should be able to get the rest of it sorted.

On measuring sensors, you can't use the actual ground, you have to measure to the black/white sensor return circuit. I found that out the hard way on my 1990 Lincoln Town Car.

Yes...I also have measured between SIG RTN and MAP...also 0 Hz:nabble_anim_confused:

Maybe something with my multimeter is wrong :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Ok, now what's the recommended base timing? I have read 12 deg. BTDC is better for a stroked engine...

I will let the engine warm-up today and look if everything works...best I'll perform the KOER test and look what it tells me...

Yes...I also have measured between SIG RTN and MAP...also 0 Hz:nabble_anim_confused:

Maybe something with my multimeter is wrong :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Ok, now what's the recommended base timing? I have read 12 deg. BTDC is better for a stroked engine...

I will let the engine warm-up today and look if everything works...best I'll perform the KOER test and look what it tells me...

Progress!!! :nabble_smiley_super: