Bullnose Forums

Bearing replacement

Guys - I've decided to keep my OEM column setup, just replace the upper bearing(s). I can live without tilt, but don't like the wiggly wheel.

Doing a search, first on this wonderful site, then on You Boob still has me wondering about getting the steering wheel off. Since my girl's an '85, there's no airbag (except when my wife rides along) so that uncomplicates things, I suppose. Also, no shift stuff on the column just the ignition and turn signals and that button to release the key.

The videos guys have posted are all later models. Would sure appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction to get my bearings. :-)

if I were better at tech, I could do an entire step by step on this process as I have already taken all the pictures for it. I've done many, both with and without tilt. I will try to talk you through as best as I can and if I can then I will do a new thread. I have posted pics but I do not do it well or often enough. I am fighting my eyesight and that is new to me. glasses don't always help.

if I were better at tech, I could do an entire step by step on this process as I have already taken all the pictures for it. I've done many, both with and without tilt. I will try to talk you through as best as I can and if I can then I will do a new thread. I have posted pics but I do not do it well or often enough. I am fighting my eyesight and that is new to me. glasses don't always help.

Thank you, Guys!

I need my truck tomorrow but maybe later in the day will pull the wheel and see what's up.