Bullnose Forums

Medium duty center bezel [XLS look alike] - used

XLS look alike? That would be "Custom Cab" on the medium series.

Yes, that's an XLS-equivalent bezel. And since I'm building Dad's truck sorta as an XLS, at least in the interior, that one would go. But I'm not doing the Mission Control thing like I did on Big Blue, so don't need that bezel. It is very nice, though.

Yes, that's an XLS-equivalent bezel. And since I'm building Dad's truck sorta as an XLS, at least in the interior, that one would go. But I'm not doing the Mission Control thing like I did on Big Blue, so don't need that bezel. It is very nice, though.

The medium duty trucks had two trim levels. Standard and Custom Cab. Custom Cab was the highest trim on the medium duty. F-600/900

A picture of a Custom Cab interior F-800 Door panel.

Cabs-Ford-F800-28658236.thumb.jpg.a0df40f7c0a87f4f8a40dff7413cbc97.jpg

A picture of a earlier Custom Cab Radio Bezel. The later one "90's version" is the one in the Ebay auction.

D8075M.jpg.29171168c5f6b69311615eea599da371.jpg

The medium duty trucks had two trim levels. Standard and Custom Cab. Custom Cab was the highest trim on the medium duty. F-600/900

A picture of a earlier Custom Cab Radio Bezel. The later one "90's version" is the one in the Ebay auction.

Thanks for the pics. I didn't know they'd gone up-market in the 90's.

The 90’s version bezel in this auction with the stick out for switches also appears to be the “Brushed Grey” as Ford called it, and is ~not a match with the earlier brushed aluminum bezels in custom cab medium duty or XLS.

I bought a NOS brushed grey bezel (without the stick out) thinking it would match the XLS stuff but it doesn’t. Dennis Carpenter reproduction bezels mimic the brushed grey exactly, and (sadly) don’t match XLS either…

The 90’s version bezel in this auction with the stick out for switches also appears to be the “Brushed Grey” as Ford called it, and is ~not a match with the earlier brushed aluminum bezels in custom cab medium duty or XLS.

I bought a NOS brushed grey bezel (without the stick out) thinking it would match the XLS stuff but it doesn’t. Dennis Carpenter reproduction bezels mimic the brushed grey exactly, and (sadly) don’t match XLS either…

Good to know, Jonathan. Hope to start on Dad's truck soon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes good to know. They do not look that different in the pictures.

And since the F-600/900 Instrument bezel will not fit the F-100/350 it would be impossible to get a true matching set.

The texture between XLS and Custom Cab are different, I suppose.

That’s great Gary! As it relates to the silver trim, our discussion about the instrument bezel, door panels and horn pad still stands. I just might have to use insured mail instead of delivery in person….

That’s great Gary! As it relates to the silver trim, our discussion about the instrument bezel, door panels and horn pad still stands. I just might have to use insured mail instead of delivery in person….

Needing those is quite a way off, Jonathan. We'll worry about that when the time comes.