Bullnose Forums

tie rods

A steering damper is frequently fitted to a vehicle going off road, and one of the reasons is to keep the frequent impact with rocks and holes from effecting the steering, and especially from moving it so abruptly as to take the steering wheel away from the driver.

If I remember correctly John/Machspeed has said that he added a steering damper to protect the new steering components. I think his theory is that it will minimize the movement of the steering and, therefore, minimize the wear.

And I'm considering adding one to Big Blue for a similar reason. Not wear but smoother steering. On rough roads you have to pay attention as the holes or bumps tend to cause steering - bump steer. Might a damper minimize that?

having trouble finding tie rods for my truck, any ideas?

85 F350 dana 50 IFS 4X4.

Can't seem to find anyone local who has Moog to fit it, or even find numbers to find parts.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having trouble finding tie rods for my truck, any ideas?

85 F350 dana 50 IFS 4X4.

Can't seem to find anyone local who has Moog to fit it, or even find numbers to find parts.

The way I find those parts is to go to Rock Auto's site and look the parts up. This link should get you to tie rod ends. Then I find the brand I like, which is usually Moog, get the manufacturer's part number, and then go shopping. Sometimes I buy from Rock but other times from other vendors, inc Amazon. And that is usually based on price and availability.

The way I find those parts is to go to Rock Auto's site and look the parts up. This link should get you to tie rod ends. Then I find the brand I like, which is usually Moog, get the manufacturer's part number, and then go shopping. Sometimes I buy from Rock but other times from other vendors, inc Amazon. And that is usually based on price and availability.

That's a good Idea, I went into a local Napa today, they pulled out the old actual paper books and found them. The other guys only stare at a computer.....like I'm doing now.

That's a good Idea, I went into a local Napa today, they pulled out the old actual paper books and found them. The other guys only stare at a computer.....like I'm doing now.

I love walking into a parts store and seeing a bank of books with and old guy named smitty who knows them well.:nabble_smiley_good:

Another vote for MOOG. However, they do not make my Tie rod ends. ☹️

• 1 year later...