Bullnose Forums

Haiden Fleming Car Show - Let's Go

I've been invited to enter Big Blue in the Haiden Fleming Memorial car show on March 25th in Locust Grove, OK. Janey and I are planning to go and wanted y'all to know about it in case some of you might want to participate as well. (I'm tagging John/Machspeed as it isn't far from him in Wagoner. But is isn't far from several others of you as well, so perhaps we can have a mini-meet there?)

I talked to Bobby, who is hosting it, and found that it is in honor of his son, Haiden, who passed away a couple of years ago. Haiden loved cars, and Bobby is just trying to keep the memory of his son alive by doing this.

I'll also take info about our show, so will have to edit the flyer and print some by then. And I'll have my "business card" with me in case there are some other Bullnose trucks there. But what else can y'all think to take?

Locust_Grove_1_Cropped.thumb.jpg.ae8962875a8dc079feb914ba7d7d435c.jpg

Locust_Grove_2_Cropped.jpg.86e162e97b3e33c0c168d4a27012eed0.jpg

I may be interested in attending that show, Gary. Good cause and not to far out of the way! Need to clear this with the Boss, to confirm no other conflicts. Thanks!!!

Not sure Janey is coming, but I plan to be there. Will have the awning, so we can sit and talk.

Was just on the phone inviting my brother to bring his '54 Skyliner. But I'd forgotten he has cataract surgery on the 21st and his car doesn't have A/C yet, so driving 180 miles each way with the windows down doesn't sound like the right thing to do. But, he has a trailer and a pickup, so maybe.

And he knows quite well where Locust is as we were there for many weeks each summer as kids since our family had a cabin on the Grand River just outside of town. So maybe he can make it.

Skyliner.thumb.jpg.5f7b90df6502b30295378fc6e6c1fd36.jpg

Not sure Janey is coming, but I plan to be there. Will have the awning, so we can sit and talk.

Was just on the phone inviting my brother to bring his '54 Skyliner. But I'd forgotten he has cataract surgery on the 21st and his car doesn't have A/C yet, so driving 180 miles each way with the windows down doesn't sound like the right thing to do. But, he has a trailer and a pickup, so maybe.

And he knows quite well where Locust is as we were there for many weeks each summer as kids since our family had a cabin on the Grand River just outside of town. So maybe he can make it.

Sweet Skyliner! He do that resto or someone else?

Sweet Skyliner! He do that resto or someone else?

Yes, it is sweet, not sweat. (Inside joke, but I'm not sure the good doctor has caught it. Maybe he needs new glasses? :nabble_smiley_evil:)

My brother bought it that way, essentially done. But there are things he wants to do to it, like air conditioning so he can drive it to shows like this.

Speaking of the good doctor and my brother, is he going to probably be ok to drive 350 miles on the 25th after cataract replacement on the 21st?

Last, I'm going to tag a few others who aren't a long ways from Locust. Like Scott/Kramttocs in Bolivar. And Bruce Moose 4x4 near Springfield. And DonThirion. And Branden/Bruno2 in Broken Arrow. And Timothy/rust&crust in Siloam Springs. And Chris/85pig in Oologah. And Brad/gatof16 in Owasso. And Jim/The Human Wrench in Sparta, MO. And Greg Hall in Springfield. And Bigfridge417 in Springfield. And Nate/Brown in Yates Center, KS.

Yes, it is sweet, not sweat. (Inside joke, but I'm not sure the good doctor has caught it. Maybe he needs new glasses? :nabble_smiley_evil:)

My brother bought it that way, essentially done. But there are things he wants to do to it, like air conditioning so he can drive it to shows like this.

Speaking of the good doctor and my brother, is he going to probably be ok to drive 350 miles on the 25th after cataract replacement on the 21st?

Last, I'm going to tag a few others who aren't a long ways from Locust. Like Scott/Kramttocs in Bolivar. And Bruce Moose 4x4 near Springfield. And DonThirion. And Branden/Bruno2 in Broken Arrow. And Timothy/rust&crust in Siloam Springs. And Chris/85pig in Oologah. And Brad/gatof16 in Owasso. And Jim/The Human Wrench in Sparta, MO. And Greg Hall in Springfield. And Bigfridge417 in Springfield. And Nate/Brown in Yates Center, KS.

Haha....funny! Sweet looking car, sweatbox to drive! How about that!!!

Driving, he'll be fine. He shouldn't do much in the exertion department, though. He'll need his post op meds and his post op shades.

Haha....funny! Sweet looking car, sweatbox to drive! How about that!!!

Driving, he'll be fine. He shouldn't do much in the exertion department, though. He'll need his post op meds and his post op shades.

Yes, that's a good use of those two terms.

As for the exertion bit, I've already told him he's not supposed to do much of that. Couldn't remember the limit, but it seems like it is 10 or 15 lbs. Of course I didn't remember that until I was already holding the mill vice, which must weigh about 50 lbs. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, he has a trailer jack so there shouldn't be much to exert himself on.

Nice looking car!

Nice looking car!
As an update to this, John/Machspeed and I plan to roll in right at 9:00 AM on Saturday. The "dome" is the round building that Google calls Pirate Arena, behind the middle school and across from the CoC.

Bobby, the host, tells me there will be two food trucks, one with hamburgers and one with Philly cheese steaks. I'm going to try the latter - just to see how far off the mark they are as I used to live just out of Philly and have had a few.

And I'm taking fliers as well as this banner, which I'll stretch across the legs of the awning. Under that awning John and I'll occupy the two camp chairs I'm taking, so y'all come!

Small_Banner.jpg.221f2834396e30845a1ccfb4135001cb.jpg

Bobby, the host, tells me there will be two food trucks, one with hamburgers and one with Philly cheese steaks. I'm going to try the latter - just to see how far off the mark they are as I used to live just out of Philly and have had a few.

Gary, I'll be standing in the Philly Cheese Steak line right behind you. I love a good Philly!!! Hope these don't dissappoint...LOL!