Bullnose Forums

Checking in / new mods

Tyler

Checking in on my favorite forum and happy to see you guys still passionately devoted to this project. What an amazing resource!

Here's an updated pic of my 85 after converting to 3.73 gears (from 3.08), front and rear Yukon Duragrip LSDs, 4" Tuff Country lift and 33/12.5 R15's.

I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for all the motivation and knowledge!

New_Shoes_2023.jpg.182dca3481da060acd1ce7643b4caef5.jpg

Truck looks good, Tyler. And I'll bet those gears woke it up.

And yes, we are still at it, as passionate as ever.

But where would you like me to move this? Easily done if I know where?

Last, did you happen to know Jerry and Karen Boggan at Haskell? Or maybe their daughter Michelle or son Jerrell? Jerry passed away and we had his funeral on Wednesday and I discovered they lived at Haskell for several years.

Truck looks good, Tyler. And I'll bet those gears woke it up.

And yes, we are still at it, as passionate as ever.

But where would you like me to move this? Easily done if I know where?

Last, did you happen to know Jerry and Karen Boggan at Haskell? Or maybe their daughter Michelle or son Jerrell? Jerry passed away and we had his funeral on Wednesday and I discovered they lived at Haskell for several years.

No need to move it on my account, Gary!

I did know the Boggans. I think Michelle was a few years ahead of me and we used to go to church with them.

I've got to plan a family visit to Broken Arrow / Haskell sometime this year. Maybe this time I can meet up with you and shake your hand.

The 3.73s with LSD really made a difference. This puts me just a tad undergeared from the stock ratio with the 33" tires. I'm running about 2700 RPM at 65 and have a much easier time highway driving through the hills out here in WA. (I was running 31's on the stock 3.08s for quite a few years.)

The Duragrip LSD is a game changer in slippery stuff.

Cool truck - and very close to what I should end up with. As of now, it's siphoning all of my car project funds.

Thanks, 85pig!

My regret is that I didn't put the gear ratio and LSD in these axles when I needed them rebuilt after I first purchased the truck. I could have planned it out better but at the time, I didn't want to spend the extra money and was convinced that I wouldn't put a lift on it. But I kinda knew the whole time, ya know...

Good luck with yours!

No need to move it on my account, Gary!

I did know the Boggans. I think Michelle was a few years ahead of me and we used to go to church with them.

I've got to plan a family visit to Broken Arrow / Haskell sometime this year. Maybe this time I can meet up with you and shake your hand.

The 3.73s with LSD really made a difference. This puts me just a tad undergeared from the stock ratio with the 33" tires. I'm running about 2700 RPM at 65 and have a much easier time highway driving through the hills out here in WA. (I was running 31's on the stock 3.08s for quite a few years.)

The Duragrip LSD is a game changer in slippery stuff.

I really would like to meet you, Tyler! But if you were to be here on Sept 16th, which is this year's show, you might get to meet several of us.

And I'll bet the jump from 3.08 to 3.73 made a huge difference. But 2700 RPM is spinning pretty fast for the 300. Still, I'll bet it pulls the hills easily.