Bullnose Forums

Bullnose roof spoiler NOS - Rare?

Came across this Bullnose roof spoiler in my weekly searches for trucks and junk. Anybody remember seeing these in the 80's?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/belleville/roof-spoiler-fits-1980-86-ford-pickup-sv005/1170175134?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I don't know how common they were back in the day, but my old 1980 Bullnose had one of these already installed on the roof when I bought it back in the early 1990's.

80f100side.jpeg.54e78bf6a69ebec0d93f21c01a4daa8e.jpeg

80f100back.jpeg.631ed1842dc0328b89648428621929a9.jpeg

Bet the Lund visor crowd would lose their minds over that!

Can't say I have seen one before. Definitely 80's. Not sure my current tastes would go for it, but back in the day?

Haha, yeah, it's not my current tastes at all, but back in the day it was a real conversation piece...lol. It was already on the truck when I bought it in about 1993, so I had no idea where it came from. Back then of course...you ordered parts from a magazine...

I still see the Lund front visors popping up for sale, and I betcha a good 30% of Bullnoses still have them. They were never really my thing, but I know they're loved by many.

Bet the Lund visor crowd would lose their minds over that!

Can't say I have seen one before. Definitely 80's. Not sure my current tastes would go for it, but back in the day?

Haha, yeah, it's not my current tastes at all, but back in the day it was a real conversation piece...lol. It was already on the truck when I bought it in about 1993, so I had no idea where it came from. Back then of course...you ordered parts from a magazine...

I still see the Lund front visors popping up for sale, and I betcha a good 30% of Bullnoses still have them. They were never really my thing, but I know they're loved by many.

I don't think I've ever seen one, and didn't find one in the 1981 Accessories catalog.

I don't think I've ever seen one, and didn't find one in the 1981 Accessories catalog.

I’ve seen a few conversations about this piece on the diesel forums (guys wanting it for possible aerodynamic benefit) and I think Gary is right about it being aftermarket. I don’t remember if anyone dropped the name of the manufacturer but it wasn’t Ford. I like the look of the Lund visors, but this thing does nothing for me, especially without a tall load behind it. Looks weird to my tastes.

I’ve seen a few conversations about this piece on the diesel forums (guys wanting it for possible aerodynamic benefit) and I think Gary is right about it being aftermarket. I don’t remember if anyone dropped the name of the manufacturer but it wasn’t Ford. I like the look of the Lund visors, but this thing does nothing for me, especially without a tall load behind it. Looks weird to my tastes.

I agree guys, it was most definitely not a Ford piece. This thing could have even been made buy a guy making small batches of items in a home garage. I know here on the coast, with all of the boat building shops, it's not uncommon to see all kinds of one-of's made out of fiberglass.

In any case, it is a NOS item by the looks of it....probably been sitting on a shelf for 35 years collecting dust.

I did kinda like it 25 years ago, but it's nothing I'd install these days.

I agree guys, it was most definitely not a Ford piece. This thing could have even been made buy a guy making small batches of items in a home garage. I know here on the coast, with all of the boat building shops, it's not uncommon to see all kinds of one-of's made out of fiberglass.

In any case, it is a NOS item by the looks of it....probably been sitting on a shelf for 35 years collecting dust.

I did kinda like it 25 years ago, but it's nothing I'd install these days.

Oh...sorry if I misused "NOS"...

Does NOS only refer to original OEM parts?

I was really just meaning that it was a new old part that had never been installed.

Oh...sorry if I misused "NOS"...

Does NOS only refer to original OEM parts?

I was really just meaning that it was a new old part that had never been installed.

I guess I was protesting the part of the ad that says make = Ford. NOS is just that... new old stock. Needs to be out of production but not necessarily a Ford part.

NOS is just that... new old stock. Needs to be out of production but not necessarily a Ford part.

OK, that's how I took it as well. I knew it wasn't a Ford part, but thought after the fact that perhaps "NOS" was meant to reference OEM parts.

In any case, I found it to be a rare item 25 years ago, so I'd say that it's definitely rare in 2018. No idea who made them, but there might be somebody out there that wants it;).

• 3 weeks later...

Well, another NOS roof spoiler has popped up online...this time a Lund brand.

If you look at the instruction sheet pictures, this one also mounts on the back of the cab roof.

Can't say that I've ever seen one in the flesh...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1346241865&requestSource=b

Anybody familiar with these? It's cheap enough if somebody wanted such a piece.