Bullnose Forums

Bullnose column shift handle

I agree. That's great!

I this love the ingenuity of this custom made part. with this piece made it certainly should work as expected but the bends of the handle are very different and may hit the wheel, maybe just the knuckles. be careful as this being hollow it is far more fragile than the earlier lever. I've seen many broken and have even pulled one off in my hand myself. i would hate forall the custom work to get lost by a broken handle.

I this love the ingenuity of this custom made part. with this piece made it certainly should work as expected but the bends of the handle are very different and may hit the wheel, maybe just the knuckles. be careful as this being hollow it is far more fragile than the earlier lever. I've seen many broken and have even pulled one off in my hand myself. i would hate forall the custom work to get lost by a broken handle.

Thanks Gary, Dane and Matt

The bends in the arm do place the end of the lever a little too close to the back of the steering wheel for my comfort. Will be looking around for one that has different geometry. Maybe I need to look in the ‘97 up era, as I’ve seen pictures of arms that are straighter. If the arm was indeed hollow, I’d simply bend it to suit, but mine is a solid bar with the wires running in a dado the length of the arm and then covered with a unique shrink tube type of sleeve.

Thanks Gary, Dane and Matt

The bends in the arm do place the end of the lever a little too close to the back of the steering wheel for my comfort. Will be looking around for one that has different geometry. Maybe I need to look in the ‘97 up era, as I’ve seen pictures of arms that are straighter. If the arm was indeed hollow, I’d simply bend it to suit, but mine is a solid bar with the wires running in a dado the length of the arm and then covered with a unique shrink tube type of sleeve.

I think you will find that the hollow portion begins under that sleeve.