Bullnose Forums

9 old tools almost nobody uses anymore

I have to agree on the pneumatic impact gun...I hardly use mine anymore unless I need a little extra grunt that my cordless/electric impact can't do. Pulling the hose out seems like such a hassle now lol.

To be honest, I don't even use the compressor all that much anymore for anything, but it might have more to do with the type of work I've been doing too.

I don't either, engine analyzers still work on many engines, distributor wrench, don't even try setting timing on some engines without, Dwell meter, best thing to set Delco distributor points (just be careful on Tin Indians, the primary wire connection is so close to the adjusting screw, and hidden, that it will be a shocking experience). Timing lights, even on DIS systems they can be a good diagnostic tool.

I don't either, engine analyzers still work on many engines, distributor wrench, don't even try setting timing on some engines without, Dwell meter, best thing to set Delco distributor points (just be careful on Tin Indians, the primary wire connection is so close to the adjusting screw, and hidden, that it will be a shocking experience). Timing lights, even on DIS systems they can be a good diagnostic tool.

I must be an almost nobody. :nabble_anim_claps:

Loved the picture of the old Rotunda Ford computer diagnostic tool. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've got a small sun pro version for my 1981.

Thought y'all might enjoy this article from Hagerty entitled 9 old tools almost nobody uses anymore. But I don't agree with all of their verdicts.

I saw it posted on fb few weeks back and I commented that I dont agree with that. most of what they are showing is equipment not tools. A distributor machine isnt a tool its a piece of equipment like a tire balancer or tire machine. Same with the analyzer, its equipment not a tool.

I would have expected to see something like oil can spouts, transmission can spouts, coolant can spouts, drum brake spoons, etc. You know actual tools.

Thought y'all might enjoy this article from Hagerty entitled 9 old tools almost nobody uses anymore. But I don't agree with all of their verdicts.

I saw it posted on fb few weeks back and I commented that I dont agree with that. most of what they are showing is equipment not tools. A distributor machine isnt a tool its a piece of equipment like a tire balancer or tire machine. Same with the analyzer, its equipment not a tool.

I would have expected to see something like oil can spouts, transmission can spouts, coolant can spouts, drum brake spoons, etc. You know actual tools.

I saw this posted a couple of weeks ago also and laughed at it. I regularly use 5 of the 9 items on that list.

I saw this posted a couple of weeks ago also and laughed at it. I regularly use 5 of the 9 items on that list.

very interesting yet I made the mistake of reading the comment thread for the dwell tach. OMG. what a nonsense conversation about whether the condenser does this or that. who cares whether the dock lost a tenant, or the boat gained a passenger? I started feeling like a was at an argument between Thomas and Nicola. dude "grounded is grounded!