Bullnose Forums

Bronco - Cylinder lock set

Petur

I don’t think there is a manual tail gate window on Bronco’s from 1978-1996.

All power by the key or dash switch.

Thank you guys very much.

I also have never herd of a Bronco with manual tailgate window. I was just curios sinch the ebay set said This is for tailgates WITHOUT power tailgate window. but I think they are misstaken. I´M going to try it at least, I´m sure it will work.

You all have been very helpful an quick to respond with quality answers. greatly appreciated :nabble_smiley_happy:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the question I asked in this post, this make sense.

The Bronco's rear window acts as the tailgate lock. So, in order to access the interior bed from the exterior, you have to lower it, no?

Imagine a manual tailgate window... You should need to crawl inside the truck to manually lower the window, then get out to open the tailgate and put your grocery in the back.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Thank you guys very much.

I also have never herd of a Bronco with manual tailgate window. I was just curios sinch the ebay set said This is for tailgates WITHOUT power tailgate window. but I think they are misstaken. I´M going to try it at least, I´m sure it will work.

You all have been very helpful an quick to respond with quality answers. greatly appreciated :nabble_smiley_happy:

Pétur - I'm glad the guys could help. It is a good bunch with a lot of knowledge.

After the question I asked in this post, this make sense.

The Bronco's rear window acts as the tailgate lock. So, in order to access the interior bed from the exterior, you have to lower it, no?

Imagine a manual tailgate window... You should need to crawl inside the truck to manually lower the window, then get out to open the tailgate and put your grocery in the back.

:nabble_anim_confused:

The K5 Blazers had a manual crank. I think Dodge Ramchargers did too.

https://www.usa1industries.com/1973-91-fullsize-chevy-gmc-blazer-suburban-tailgate-handle-manual-window.html

Edit: Wait, I think the Ramchargers had an all in one lift door.

Pétur - I'm glad the guys could help. It is a good bunch with a lot of knowledge.

The aftermarket sector can be weird in these respects though. I'd ask the seller about the tailgate lock to make sure.

As example, of how the aftermarket sector can get applications and things wrong. My 1981 300/6 has Super Cooling without A/C. Which is an option, confirmed by literature I have. The top radiator hose is the same for trucks with factory A/C though. If you tell a aftermarket parts person you need a radiator or radiator hose for my truck, with super cooling, without A/C they will try to sell you the short radiator and short hose for a non Super Cooling Optioned truck.

The Ford parts books, and specifications state the top radiator hose E2TZ-8260-B fits A/C and/or Super Cooling, where the aftermarket books state the top radiator hose E2TZ-8260-B fits A/C and Super Cooling. Just the omission of that single word or has given me grief in the past.

I just hope that someone isn't making a similar mistake with these lock sets. I'd ask the seller to be safe.

The aftermarket sector can be weird in these respects though. I'd ask the seller about the tailgate lock to make sure.

As example, of how the aftermarket sector can get applications and things wrong. My 1981 300/6 has Super Cooling without A/C. Which is an option, confirmed by literature I have. The top radiator hose is the same for trucks with factory A/C though. If you tell a aftermarket parts person you need a radiator or radiator hose for my truck, with super cooling, without A/C they will try to sell you the short radiator and short hose for a non Super Cooling Optioned truck.

The Ford parts books, and specifications state the top radiator hose E2TZ-8260-B fits A/C and/or Super Cooling, where the aftermarket books state the top radiator hose E2TZ-8260-B fits A/C and Super Cooling. Just the omission of that single word or has given me grief in the past.

I just hope that someone isn't making a similar mistake with these lock sets. I'd ask the seller to be safe.

Ah yes,

I will send the ebay guy a message and ask if he knows or if he can send me a picture of the back of that tailgate cylinder. then I can be sure.

One other thing, many of the bolts, clips and screws that hold the dashboard in my truck have been damaged with mostly wrong bolt thread or even timber screws. and Im wandering if there are any two or three types that I could find and use to exchange sum of the bolt and screws.

I had the same issue with the fort fenders for example, but lucky Bronco Graveyard had a kit for me.

But thanks every one for the help and warm welcome, greatly appreciated.

Ah yes,

I will send the ebay guy a message and ask if he knows or if he can send me a picture of the back of that tailgate cylinder. then I can be sure.

One other thing, many of the bolts, clips and screws that hold the dashboard in my truck have been damaged with mostly wrong bolt thread or even timber screws. and Im wandering if there are any two or three types that I could find and use to exchange sum of the bolt and screws.

I had the same issue with the fort fenders for example, but lucky Bronco Graveyard had a kit for me.

But thanks every one for the help and warm welcome, greatly appreciated.

Petur - Go to the page at Documentation/Interior/Dash and pick out which fasteners you need. I maybe able to come up with pictures of them as well as sources.

• 8 months later...

Hi everybody.

Thanks Bigbrother-84

Thank you 81-F150-Explor

awesome information, looks like the ebay link is the exactly what im lokking for. do you know if there are different tailgate cylinder depending on manual and power window ?

The truck is a working progress. I´m in the midle of disasembly everything and painting, and the fitting the 37" tires under it insted of the 35" tires that it is sitting on now. the inner part of the doors are painted. I went for Ford Eruption Green Metalic (the new Bronco color)

Hi everyone just want to give you an update of my Bronco. it is finally back on the road after been sitting for at least 4 years and now a 7 month restoration. which ended up being nearly an every nut and bolt restoration. Im not done with the truck and I suspect I wont ever be done haha. next is the interior trim panels, door cards etc.

AM5A5624.jpeg.7c5a5b57684b82093172e729b752e66f.jpeg

AM5A5656.jpeg.b1c5e7470eb4d1894c913ec14c72cee8.jpeg

IMG_0685.thumb.jpeg.87ced40f9eb979afaab00f0a37e96cc0.jpeg

IMG_0688.jpeg.ecf1deda520446da7f3791eea609dbcb.jpeg

IMG_0762.thumb.jpeg.5b9d20c9b782650078d6a80859947609.jpeg

IMG_0789.thumb.jpeg.7dff432037ea761cbbe6057f2c4f2313.jpeg

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.2aae1218c00913dc5930dff0c81c2d67.jpeg

Hi everyone just want to give you an update of my Bronco. it is finally back on the road after been sitting for at least 4 years and now a 7 month restoration. which ended up being nearly an every nut and bolt restoration. Im not done with the truck and I suspect I wont ever be done haha. next is the interior trim panels, door cards etc.

Looks great! I like the color!

Looks great! I like the color!

Yes, that looks great! I love the blacked-out grille, bumpers, and mirrors. That looks perfect. As does what I assume is a roof-top tent. And bead-lock rims. Spot on!

But how close is the magma from you? I've seen that the Blue Lagoon is closed, and that some towns not far from you are being evacuated. So what is the situation?