Bullnose Forums

Left handed lug nuts

.... I've never seen or heard of LH studs on the right side before. It makes no sense.

Maybe on a dragster that accelerates harder than it brakes??? But seriously, yes, left hand threads would've only been on the left side from any factory, so if they are on the right side now they were incorrectly switched at some point.

But when you look at how often wheels come off on the left side now that they all have right hand threads I don't think having left hand threads on the right side is much of a risk either (other than breaking a stud when trying to remove them...)

Gotcha, thanks for your input. That's no doubt what happened then.

• 2 weeks later...

Left lugs left side.

There's another member (Alex) that has a D61 here in Connecticut that is that way.

This is also true of Jeeps and other military vehicles right up into the 1980's, and older cars with knockoff hubs (like my uncle's 1966 Ferrari) for obvious reasons.

I've never seen or heard of LH studs on the right side before. It makes no sense.

Like someone said, may have been you, at some point someone had to have switched the axles accidentally. It's just odd that the older fella at Discount Tire came running over to the young man that was trying to remove my right rear tire and yelling STOP YOUR going to break it off! Then he proceeded to tell us about the LH threads. But I'm sure you know a lot more about it than I do. I'm going to be switching it out anyways at some point.