Bullnose Forums

1996 Ford F-150 Pickup Red 4WD Automatic

Nice truck. Wonder what the control is that is shown in the pic below - electric rear window? And why didn't he mention it? And I don't see a mention of the bed cover, which looks to be either a Retrax or Pace Edwards, and expensive.

But it isn't a C4 transmission. Probably the E4OD.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f1a390ab3249619756decc0daa52890a.jpg

Nice truck. Wonder what the control is that is shown in the pic below - electric rear window? And why didn't he mention it? And I don't see a mention of the bed cover, which looks to be either a Retrax or Pace Edwards, and expensive.

But it isn't a C4 transmission. Probably the E4OD.

e4od would be the transmission. im wondering what those seats came from

I had a 1996 F150 for a few years in the late 1990s. It was a fine truck, but I never did like the interior design. And the steering wheel is hideous. It very much felt like what it actually was - an old truck design that received a bunch of updates in order to make it look and feel more modern.

I much prefer the original 1980 - 1986 Bullnose design. And I do like the 1987 - 1991 styling as well; those have really grown on me recently.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

e4od would be the transmission. im wondering what those seats came from

That or the AODE-W (4R70W).

I had a 1996 F150 for a few years in the late 1990s. It was a fine truck, but...

I had one in the late 90's as well, a 1995 4x4 with 300/6 and auto. I really tried to like that truck but it didn't stick, and I sold it. I'm the same in that I like the 1980-1991 trucks much more than the 1992-1996.