Bullnose Forums

Sully69

Hello all,

Joined here after lurking awhile & being directed here from various threads at FTE.

I reside in Virginia, not far from the Carolina border. Dundas to be exact, although mailing address is Kenbridge.

Four trucks in various stages of undress:

'80 F150 4wd 4sp 4.9l 300cid

'83 F150 2wd auto 4.9l 300cid

'86 F250 2wd auto 4.9l 300cid

'86/'87 F250 2wd auto 5.8l 351cid

The last F250 listed is/was dual wheel but the PO's dad made it single wheel in the rear, not sure why. It had a dump bed on and I'm sure could have used both wheels.

Sully

Sully - Welcome! Glad you found us and joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

You seem to be either a fan of or a collector of 300 sixes. I've never had one, but am told they are a terrific truck engine. Do you have plans for them?

You say the F250 is an 86/87. Does that mean it is an '86 with some '87 body panels on it? Or vice versa?

As for your location, do you want to be on our map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.) There's no extra charge, but we only put the city and not the actual address as we want to preserve everyone's privacy.

Sully - Welcome! Glad you found us and joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

You seem to be either a fan of or a collector of 300 sixes. I've never had one, but am told they are a terrific truck engine. Do you have plans for them?

You say the F250 is an 86/87. Does that mean it is an '86 with some '87 body panels on it? Or vice versa?

As for your location, do you want to be on our map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.) There's no extra charge, but we only put the city and not the actual address as we want to preserve everyone's privacy.

Well,

The f250 has a mfg date of 09/86 which makes it an '87 model year but it has many, many '86 parts. I Believe the PO's dad turned it into what it is now. PW/PL (driver side only) doors both from '86 vehicles. It's listed on the title as an XLT Lariat but has no carpet only heat but the A/C plumbing and compressor is all there except the controls in dash were changed to no a/C. The boxes for heater core etc changed to only have a heater core. I'm still deciding what to do with it, maybe turn it back into a truck.

I do like the 300cid 6 cult engine, they are really hard to kill when taken care of properly. I'm a retired mechanic so started out looking for a project and ended up with four projects. Maybe. I've decided to pull the 6 cult on the other f250 and rebuild it for a spare, use the rest of it for parts.

Sully

Well,

The f250 has a mfg date of 09/86 which makes it an '87 model year but it has many, many '86 parts. I Believe the PO's dad turned it into what it is now. PW/PL (driver side only) doors both from '86 vehicles. It's listed on the title as an XLT Lariat but has no carpet only heat but the A/C plumbing and compressor is all there except the controls in dash were changed to no a/C. The boxes for heater core etc changed to only have a heater core. I'm still deciding what to do with it, maybe turn it back into a truck.

I do like the 300cid 6 cult engine, they are really hard to kill when taken care of properly. I'm a retired mechanic so started out looking for a project and ended up with four projects. Maybe. I've decided to pull the 6 cult on the other f250 and rebuild it for a spare, use the rest of it for parts.

Sully

Walk softly and carry a big six!!! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Well,

Sully

Does the 86/87 have 1986 gauges or 1987 gauges? What about door panels? And how 'bout the headlights and grille? But those changes he made make it an odd-ball no matter what the gauges, grille, etc are.

Retired mechanic. You may be a big help here!

Does the 86/87 have 1986 gauges or 1987 gauges? What about door panels? And how 'bout the headlights and grille? But those changes he made make it an odd-ball no matter what the gauges, grille, etc are.

Retired mechanic. You may be a big help here!

Gary

The gauges, dash pad, parts of the interior wiring harness, etc etc etc were found in the back seat. Some of the gauges are ford, one gm and 3 aftermarket. I concentrated on getting it running for now. I was told the engine was locked up (It wasn't) I spent a couple hours on it and it's purring. Ran for about 5 minutes and I smelled overheating smells, the belt broke, add new fan/ps belt no overheat. Checked for charging, nothing, broken wires etc in alt harness.

Sully

Don't know why he had so many gauges, none in the cluster. Tried driving around the pasture.... whoa boy!! No brakes eBrake only worked on one wheel. Back to the shop, go relax for tonight!

Gary

The gauges, dash pad, parts of the interior wiring harness, etc etc etc were found in the back seat. Some of the gauges are ford, one gm and 3 aftermarket. I concentrated on getting it running for now. I was told the engine was locked up (It wasn't) I spent a couple hours on it and it's purring. Ran for about 5 minutes and I smelled overheating smells, the belt broke, add new fan/ps belt no overheat. Checked for charging, nothing, broken wires etc in alt harness.

Sully

Don't know why he had so many gauges, none in the cluster. Tried driving around the pasture.... whoa boy!! No brakes eBrake only worked on one wheel. Back to the shop, go relax for tonight!

LOL! You are REALLY going to have a pile of onion rings as you peel this one. :nabble_smiley_good: Hope you like onion rings.