Bullnose Forums

Greetings everyone,

slk453

I'm glad I found this forum, it's pretty cool.

I have an '83 Ford F-100 that I'm getting ready to swap out the transmission because the 3-speed column shift bowl broke on the inside.

It's crazy how you can find them for older and newer models but not for the 80's model Ford's. I don't know why.

I guess the 4-speed floor shift will be an upgrade but still a pain to swap just because you can't find a used part anywhere.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes, as you've discovered the supply of parts for the 3-on-the-tree linkage isn't good at all. But you might wait to change in case someone on here has the parts. I'd start a new thread in the main section to get more attention. Show us what part you need.

And, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome aboard. The three on the tree column shifter is a real weak point unfortunately, and by all accounts parts for them were already obsolete by the mid 1990's. You can modify the 1979-older style shift collar to work on your 1983 without too much trouble. Lots have done it, including myself. I ended up swapping my 3-on-the-tree out for an M5OD 5spd, but I did spend a lot of time and money trying to make that 3spd work better;).

Welcome aboard. The three on the tree column shifter is a real weak point unfortunately, and by all accounts parts for them were already obsolete by the mid 1990's. You can modify the 1979-older style shift collar to work on your 1983 without too much trouble. Lots have done it, including myself. I ended up swapping my 3-on-the-tree out for an M5OD 5spd, but I did spend a lot of time and money trying to make that 3spd work better;).

Good advice, thank you.