Bullnose Forums

Scotty the liar - 1983 F150

Rusty_S85

Scottie Kilmer is hilarious. No one is perfect. I wouldn't let him upset you. Take it for what it is. He is just a mechanic trying to make $ and a name. He obviously isn't a true Bullnose guy, so mistakes on his part should be expected.

Honestly, hes not even a mechanic. He used to work as a service writer at his grandfathers/fathers shop. He never turned a wrench professionally. He went from that job to writing his book which made him a household name in the mid to late 80s. From there hes been riding coat tails claiming he has 50+ years mechanic experience when he doesn't.

I agree no one is perfect and people do make mistakes, but with him it is nothing, but a giant lie that he tells to get people to believe what he says as fact when it isn't. If he was a humble mechanic like I am and the techs I know I wouldn't have an issue with him making a mistake and getting it wrong from time to time. Fact is no mechanic/tech knows everything and I never would say I know everything, and I will admit when I am wrong and correct myself. Scotty doesn't do this; he plays favorites when it comes to car brands, and he can't get over his Toyota and how great it is but yet it hasn't been registered since the early 2000`s and has sat in his back yard in the same spot since 2005 till he towed it with him up to Tennessee when he moved out of state finally. Even his neighbors didn't like him doing side work illegally in his driveway in a subdivision. I also had to help a local guy out with a '65 Mustang, he took it to him with an electrical problem he found the issue and tossed a new headlight switch in. Guy said he was upset cause not even 12 hours later the car was back doing the same thing. I walked him through testing it and the headlight switch he installed failed. I asked him what markings was on it, the fool got the cheapest AutoZone part to throw in the car. I told him go get a new headlight switch get Borg-Warner if possible, box will say BDS, if he can't get that get a Standard Brand but don't get the house brand. He did that fixed the problem himself and it's been a year and a half, and the guy hasn't had that problem come back again. I told him how ever he should take it back to scotty make him fix it since he fixed it, and it failed the same day. He laughed and said he never would take it back to him and wouldn't even let him work on his lawnmower.

But yes, he doesn't upset me as an individual as much as his use of a platform taking advantage of people who don't know any better giving them horrible advice. He also attacked Chris Fix when he gives you videos showing you how to do various automotive repairs on a budget yourself. Scotty attacked Chris Fix and then pushed his headlight restore polish which he used on his wife's car which he linked as an affiliated link, so he gets money for anything you buy via amazon for 24 hours after clicking on his links. The real horrible thing that shows the kind of person he is, he polished his wife's headlights out but on his own vehicle he bought brand new headlight housings.

Scottie Kilmer is hilarious. No one is perfect. I wouldn't let him upset you. Take it for what it is. He is just a mechanic trying to make $ and a name. He obviously isn't a true Bullnose guy, so mistakes on his part should be expected.

Honestly, hes not even a mechanic. He used to work as a service writer at his grandfathers/fathers shop. He never turned a wrench professionally. He went from that job to writing his book which made him a household name in the mid to late 80s. From there hes been riding coat tails claiming he has 50+ years mechanic experience when he doesn't.

I agree no one is perfect and people do make mistakes, but with him it is nothing, but a giant lie that he tells to get people to believe what he says as fact when it isn't. If he was a humble mechanic like I am and the techs I know I wouldn't have an issue with him making a mistake and getting it wrong from time to time. Fact is no mechanic/tech knows everything and I never would say I know everything, and I will admit when I am wrong and correct myself. Scotty doesn't do this; he plays favorites when it comes to car brands, and he can't get over his Toyota and how great it is but yet it hasn't been registered since the early 2000`s and has sat in his back yard in the same spot since 2005 till he towed it with him up to Tennessee when he moved out of state finally. Even his neighbors didn't like him doing side work illegally in his driveway in a subdivision. I also had to help a local guy out with a '65 Mustang, he took it to him with an electrical problem he found the issue and tossed a new headlight switch in. Guy said he was upset cause not even 12 hours later the car was back doing the same thing. I walked him through testing it and the headlight switch he installed failed. I asked him what markings was on it, the fool got the cheapest AutoZone part to throw in the car. I told him go get a new headlight switch get Borg-Warner if possible, box will say BDS, if he can't get that get a Standard Brand but don't get the house brand. He did that fixed the problem himself and it's been a year and a half, and the guy hasn't had that problem come back again. I told him how ever he should take it back to scotty make him fix it since he fixed it, and it failed the same day. He laughed and said he never would take it back to him and wouldn't even let him work on his lawnmower.

But yes, he doesn't upset me as an individual as much as his use of a platform taking advantage of people who don't know any better giving them horrible advice. He also attacked Chris Fix when he gives you videos showing you how to do various automotive repairs on a budget yourself. Scotty attacked Chris Fix and then pushed his headlight restore polish which he used on his wife's car which he linked as an affiliated link, so he gets money for anything you buy via amazon for 24 hours after clicking on his links. The real horrible thing that shows the kind of person he is, he polished his wife's headlights out but on his own vehicle he bought brand new headlight housings.

Don't let him live rent free in your head, if you don't like him that much.

Don't let him live rent free in your head, if you don't like him that much.

I find him amusing occasionally but mostly annoying. his delivery is such obvious BS . that is not to say that there are not tips and hacks that may get gleaned from him. even if someone is not the discoverer of something does not prevent him from relaying something he learned. that said , to each his own.

whose more foolish? the fool or the fool who follows?

I find him amusing occasionally but mostly annoying. his delivery is such obvious BS . that is not to say that there are not tips and hacks that may get gleaned from him. even if someone is not the discoverer of something does not prevent him from relaying something he learned. that said , to each his own.

whose more foolish? the fool or the fool who follows?

I find The Red Green Show amusing too, but I would not use any of his tips either. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Duct Tape!