Bullnose Forums

Scotty the liar - 1983 F150

Rusty_S85

For those that don't know already I have an extreme dislike for the fraudster scotty kilmer, to show why I do I just want to notify people he did a video that he just put out about cheap trucks and the first one he started off with was a bullnose truck.

I had to call him out in the comments cause the ignorance and the lies is just too much.

First, he called it a 1981 truck, yet the original hood has no holes in it for the F O R D lettering which means the truck is not a 1981 but is a 1982 and newer.

Secondly, he said the truck was a F100 that someone stuck some F150 badges on it, the F150 badges look as old as the rest of the truck and it's doubtful someone would have taken the time to glue on old F150 badges on the truck, but it is possible. I believe it is a F150 however not a F100.

Third he talked about the big rear end in the truck but the rear end he showed was the 8.8" rear end which Ford didn't introduce till 1983 which dates the truck to 1983 as there is no electronic control on the I6 distributor or the carb.

Fourth he talked about the dual exhaust on the truck, dummy was calling the drive shaft the other exhaust pipe.

Fifth he talked about the 4-speed transmission, but if you pause the part where he shows the dash you'll see the prndl shows it's a 3-speed automatic with its Park R N D L over the AOD which would have had an OD situated between N and D. When he was under the truck talking about the dual exhaust on the truck which it didn't have the transmission pan has three bolts on each pan rail on the two I saw which makes it look very much like a C4 which was an optional transmission up to 1983

Sixth he showed the interior, and it looks like someone threw 1987 and up door panels on the truck, but I noticed the truck has a tach cluster which doesn't work but I doubt someone would have paid the extra money for a tach cluster on a I6 F100 truck.

Seventh he said our bull nose trucks are cheap and if you are looking for cheap work trucks seek them out because they are cheap. His reason is the guy who owns the truck bought it for $2 from his father who got it from his father. How can you sit there and proclaim being given a truck by a relative is equal to the truck being cheap to buy.

Sorry about the rant but I just have to get this out there cause this guy is a hinderance to the automotive hobby with his horrible advice.

I've seen that video ...

The truck is pretty modified from stock. It does show dual exhaust from the back under the rear bumper. But why do that to a 300I6?

The distributor shows a "blue" distributor cap adapter, but the engine is Ford Gray. Either the engine has been swapped or the ignition system has been swapped. Ford stopped using Ford Blue in 1982.

The door panels and the seat have been swapped.

Full "Sports" instrumentation was a popular option on these trucks. So a 300I6 with a tach or with the Lariat trim isn't unheard of, even on a F-100/F-150. However as much as that truck is modified? Your guess is as good as mine, if it came with it. I saw it did have a clock as well. Sometimes dealers would order trucks for their showrooms, or sales lots, with popular options to show off to the casual buyer that came in off the street. So . . . A/C, Sports Instrumentation, Clock, it's possible, but questionable I agree.

So yeah, all original that truck isn't.

What did it for me with SK (many years ago) was a video where he did a clutch job on a FWD something without removing the engine or tranny, just shoving things apart with a prybar. That is HACK. I stopped watching him after that... He gives YT mechanics a bad name, as there are several "good" ones out there.

I've seen that video ...

The truck is pretty modified from stock. It does show dual exhaust from the back under the rear bumper. But why do that to a 300I6?

The distributor shows a "blue" distributor cap adapter, but the engine is Ford Gray. Either the engine has been swapped or the ignition system has been swapped. Ford stopped using Ford Blue in 1982.

Full "Sports" instrumentation was a popular option on these trucks. So a 300I6 with a tach or with the Lariat trim isn't unheard of, even on a F-100/F-150. However as much as that truck is modified? Your guess is as good as mine, if it came with it. I saw it did have a clock as well. Sometimes dealers would order trucks for their showrooms, or sales lots, with popular options to show off to the casual buyer that came in off the street. So . . . A/C, Sports Instrumentation, Clock, it's possible, but questionable I agree.

My 85 I6 has the tach; not sure if being 4x4 and 4 speed has anything to do with it, but I doubt it.

My 85 I6 has the tach; not sure if being 4x4 and 4 speed has anything to do with it, but I doubt it.

Not really. The "Tach option" (sports instrumentation) could be ordered as a separate option, completely independent of all other options and trim. So back in the day, you could order a truck and sport instrumentation be the only option. Highly unlikely, but you could have done it. Likewise you could have a very highly optioned "Lariat" and have every option but the Tach and Gauges, and have "idiot" lights. (The exception being the 1986 where gauges were standard.)

I've seen that video ...

I agree there is a lot of questions about that truck. I do believe it is a F150 cause those fender emblems are aged the same as the rest of the truck they dont look like recent addition reproduction emblems which only been reproduced for the last decade at best. The year I also believe is a '83 as well as that is the first year for the 8.8" rear axle which that truck has but the carb and the distributor does appear to be 80 - 82 parts.

On the dual exhaust part, I agree it has dual tail pipes but no one that knows anything about vehicles would call dual tail pipes a dual exhaust. Thats like calling the I6 dual exhaust because it has split exhaust manifolds and uses a Y pipe to merge them together.

What did it for me with SK (many years ago) was a video where he did a clutch job on a FWD something without removing the engine or tranny, just shoving things apart with a prybar. That is HACK. I stopped watching him after that... He gives YT mechanics a bad name, as there are several "good" ones out there.

What did it for me years ago was when I asked him back around 1998 - 2002 for a recommendation for a A/C flush that I could flush my '63`s condenser out with as it had sat the last 30 years open in the garage. His response was to tell me to replace it you can't flush a tube condenser, that is the biggest lie I have ever heard, you can't flush modern day plate and fin condensers, but tube condensers are easily flushed. Then a few years ago a kid said he recently rebuilt a 302 for his '84 F150 and wanted to know how many miles he should wait to switch to synthetic. This hack said in his video to the kid you can't switch to synthetic you have to start an engine off on synthetic which goes against every engine builder recommendation out there. Further he stated that cars had a 3,000 mi oil change interval because they didn't have oil filters, he even talked about his daddy`s '56 Fairlane with V8 that he stated had no oil filter which is also a bald face lie cause Ford had oil filters even on Flat head V8s which predated the Y8 introduced in 1954. I think hes thinking of Chevrolet who in 1956 with the 265 V8 had no oil filter and dealers installed the I6 filter on the intake manifold to put one in which lasted till the 283 was introduced in 1957.

The guy just spreads it on so thick I just can't stand it because I don't like people getting bad information from someone, they believe they should trust.

My '82 didn't have a tach, its 2wd C6 automatic with 302. Had no clock either and had no AC, it did get dealer AC installed shortly after purchase and I personally installed a tach cluster and a clock. It's really all up to what was ordered by the dealership or if it was a special request by a customer. Still, I just can't fathom anyone wanting to spend extra money for a clock and tach but retain the 8.8" rear axle, C4 transmission, and I6. Seems like a waste of good money.

I've seen that video ...

I agree there is a lot of questions about that truck. I do believe it is a F150 cause those fender emblems are aged the same as the rest of the truck they dont look like recent addition reproduction emblems which only been reproduced for the last decade at best. The year I also believe is a '83 as well as that is the first year for the 8.8" rear axle which that truck has but the carb and the distributor does appear to be 80 - 82 parts.

On the dual exhaust part, I agree it has dual tail pipes but no one that knows anything about vehicles would call dual tail pipes a dual exhaust. Thats like calling the I6 dual exhaust because it has split exhaust manifolds and uses a Y pipe to merge them together.

What did it for me years ago was when I asked him back around 1998 - 2002 for a recommendation for a A/C flush that I could flush my '63`s condenser out with as it had sat the last 30 years open in the garage. His response was to tell me to replace it you can't flush a tube condenser, that is the biggest lie I have ever heard, you can't flush modern day plate and fin condensers, but tube condensers are easily flushed. Then a few years ago a kid said he recently rebuilt a 302 for his '84 F150 and wanted to know how many miles he should wait to switch to synthetic. This hack said in his video to the kid you can't switch to synthetic you have to start an engine off on synthetic which goes against every engine builder recommendation out there. Further he stated that cars had a 3,000 mi oil change interval because they didn't have oil filters, he even talked about his daddy`s '56 Fairlane with V8 that he stated had no oil filter which is also a bald face lie cause Ford had oil filters even on Flat head V8s which predated the Y8 introduced in 1954. I think hes thinking of Chevrolet who in 1956 with the 265 V8 had no oil filter and dealers installed the I6 filter on the intake manifold to put one in which lasted till the 283 was introduced in 1957.

The guy just spreads it on so thick I just can't stand it because I don't like people getting bad information from someone, they believe they should trust.

My '82 didn't have a tach, its 2wd C6 automatic with 302. Had no clock either and had no AC, it did get dealer AC installed shortly after purchase and I personally installed a tach cluster and a clock. It's really all up to what was ordered by the dealership or if it was a special request by a customer. Still, I just can't fathom anyone wanting to spend extra money for a clock and tach but retain the 8.8" rear axle, C4 transmission, and I6. Seems like a waste of good money.

A lot of guys swear by the 8.8 axle, and consider swapping in a 9" a "downgrade". I'm not one of them. I think the 8.8 is a great diff, but I'm much more familiar with the 9" and prefer the simplicity (to me) of it. I don't have any problem with the 300, either - I specifically looked for one, but a standard trans was a prerequisite.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but me and the car people I hang around use "dual exhaust" referring to any system that has a significant length of dual exit pipes, and "true duals" referring to to a system with two individual pipes, one coming off each manifold with their own muffler.

The truck is a 1983 or 1984. It's definitely not an '80 or '81.

It does not have the so-called "Swiss Cheese" frame, and it has the big forged front I-beams with ball joints.

It doesn't just have newer interior door panels...it has full 1992-1996 doors on it.

Looks like a factory DSII ignition truck to me, the module is on the fender and looks like it's been there a while.

Looks like an aluminum driveshaft on it too. It has an 80-84 style radiator, so it's not an '85 or '86.

It has the later style valve cover on it, which showed up in 1984, so my guess is that the truck is an '84.

In any case, I don't like his videos either but I wouldn't burn any calories disliking the guy. It's far easier to just ignore his videos. I do like the forensics of trying to find out what year a truck is LOL.

At this point in time, now 40 years later, A LOT has been changed on a lot of trucks.

A lot of guys swear by the 8.8 axle, and consider swapping in a 9" a "downgrade". I'm not one of them. I think the 8.8 is a great diff, but I'm much more familiar with the 9" and prefer the simplicity (to me) of it. I don't have any problem with the 300, either - I specifically looked for one, but a standard trans was a prerequisite.

Lots do, just like lots swear the C4/C5 transmission like the AOD can be built to be stronger than the C6. My issue is I don't see hotrodders/racers building 8.8" rear ends to the same level that the 9" is.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but me and the car people I hang around use "dual exhaust" referring to any system that has a significant length of dual exit pipes, and "true duals" referring to to a system with two individual pipes, one coming off each manifold with their own muffler.

Maybe it is a regional thing, I know around here dual exhaust is dual pipes with a cross over pipe of some type be it a H pipe or a X pipe. True dual exhaust is dual exhaust without a cross over pipe.

The truck is a 1983 or 1984. It's definitely not an '80 or '81.

It does not have the so-called "Swiss Cheese" frame, and it has the big forged front I-beams with ball joints.

It doesn't just have newer interior door panels...it has full 1992-1996 doors on it.

Looks like a factory DSII ignition truck to me, the module is on the fender and looks like it's been there a while.

Looks like an aluminum driveshaft on it too. It has an 80-84 style radiator, so it's not an '85 or '86.

It has the later style valve cover on it, which showed up in 1984, so my guess is that the truck is an '84.

In any case, I don't like his videos either but I wouldn't burn any calories disliking the guy. It's far easier to just ignore his videos. I do like the forensics of trying to find out what year a truck is LOL.

At this point in time, now 40 years later, A LOT has been changed on a lot of trucks.

Yep oldest I can put that truck is 1983 newest 1984. I was leaning towards 1983 since '84 has the feed back carb, at least the '84 I swapped over to a sniper had a feed back carb on the I6 and it was a '84.

For me I dont go out of my way, just got strangely recommended to me after I unfollowed his channel long ago. For me I like pointing out his lies and errors cause he pretends he is all knowing constantly citing 50+ years of experience and presents himself as some all knowing god which tempts me tear it all down.