Bullnose Forums

Need replacement wiring harness

dsstephens

Thanks. I had not seen this one despite an inordinate amount of time on the ronfrancis site. This looks like one of the missing pieces for sure!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

just to close out this thread given all the great help I received, I ultimately gave up on the wiring. I even sent the harness out to a restoration company (that has mixed reviews for sure) and the estimate to restore it was so much that I have chosen to completely eliminate it and go with the pro flo 4 system. All of my problems are wrapped up in the EEC and fuel injection, so a complete replacement and getting that to work will be better than chasing rainbows with the old stuff.

Thanks again!

just to close out this thread given all the great help I received, I ultimately gave up on the wiring. I even sent the harness out to a restoration company (that has mixed reviews for sure) and the estimate to restore it was so much that I have chosen to completely eliminate it and go with the pro flo 4 system. All of my problems are wrapped up in the EEC and fuel injection, so a complete replacement and getting that to work will be better than chasing rainbows with the old stuff.

Thanks again!

Good luck! I think you have a good plan. I know that when I was waist deep in wiring on the EFI project on Big Blue that I was wondering about my sanity. Sometimes the best thing is to go with a proven solution instead of finding the problems in something someone else created.

• 2 months later...

To be specific, you need the factory engine harness for a late '85 or '86 302, which was EFI.

The changeover from carb to EFI was in late '85 but I think some of the late 85 302's were still carbed. It wasn't until '86 that the carb was dropped on the 302. And the 351W was still carbed.

I don't have one, but just wanted people to know exactly what you are looking for.

I have a used one. The plugs are a bit beat up though as I dont have the patience to pry the damn things apart..