Bullnose Forums

81 F150 Door panel removal

Raywilson

SEM also makes a texture you can spray on the panels before the SEM color coat goes on.

I did buy 2 cans but by the time i went to use them nothing would come out.

I dont know if they were just old or what and being I had them a month or 2 and did not remember who I got them from I could not take them back :nabble_smiley_angry:

I did a quick fix of cracks on my slider lock panels and a few coats of SEM just to make them look not so bad before a show.

The plan was to get new slider lock panels but when I was ready I cant find them so the plan changed.

I will pull them back off and do a little better job on the fixes and paint again.

I have also bought new slider locks but they need to be painted to match the color of the panels.

I also have the "A" pillar covers that need fixing and painting too.

Dave ----

I reached out to SEM on Sunday via email and this morning, Monday, they had sent me a reply w the formula. Shockingly fast. So I'm getting a couple cans made up at Sherwin Williams Automotive and maybe they have the texture too... Screenshot_20230213_081530_Gmail.thumb.jpg.32062b123d5cdb09bb59dee04e33d423.jpg

I hope this screen shot works. 1st time on this site

I reached out to SEM on Sunday via email and this morning, Monday, they had sent me a reply w the formula. Shockingly fast. So I'm getting a couple cans made up at Sherwin Williams Automotive and maybe they have the texture too... Screenshot_20230213_081530_Gmail.thumb.jpg.1e00faf5c9adcc2649f30c0a996f3f11.jpg

I hope this screen shot works. 1st time on this site

You might want to look at the FAQ's at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's to see how to post pics.

Screenshot_20230213_081530_Gmail.thumb.jpg.1e00faf5c9adcc2649f30c0a996f3f11.jpg

You might want to look at the FAQ's at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's to see how to post pics.

Gary,

Can you point out a place in the Library explaining how to:

- insert an animated gif.

- modify the name (or title/text) of an inserted permalink.

I searched but did not find the way.

:nabble_anim_confused:

You have this secret magic touch, which I'd sometimes like to mimic.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary,Can you point out a place in the Library explaining how to:- insert an animated gif.- modify the name (or title/text) of an inserted permalink.I searched but did not find the way.:nabble_anim_confused:You have this secret magic touch, which I'd sometimes like to mimic.:nabble_smiley_wink:
Jeff - Not sure what you mean by "modify the name (or title/text) of an inserted permalink". Are you asking how to put a link, like a permalink, on text? For instance a link to come back to your post? If that is what you mean I just:

1. Got the permalink for your post by clicking More and then Permalink and copying what is in that popup.

Highlighting the text to be turned into a hot link, which in this case was "link to come back to your post"

Clicking Link in the menu above and pasting the permalink, or URL if that's what you have, in the box and pressing OK

As for the gif, I just went out and found one and downloaded it to my computer. Then I clicked Insert Image and did as you'd do with any picture.

Is that what you wanted? :nabble_anim_confused:

emoji-204_256.gif.6cb6cd320789946f8be83998f101660f.gif

Jeff - Not sure what you mean by "modify the name (or title/text) of an inserted permalink". Are you asking how to put a link, like a permalink, on text? For instance a link to come back to your post? If that is what you mean I just:

1. Got the permalink for your post by clicking More and then Permalink and copying what is in that popup.

Highlighting the text to be turned into a hot link, which in this case was "link to come back to your post"

Clicking Link in the menu above and pasting the permalink, or URL if that's what you have, in the box and pressing OK

As for the gif, I just went out and found one and downloaded it to my computer. Then I clicked Insert Image and did as you'd do with any picture.

thats funny looking to me because my new grandaughter changes moods about that fast:nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, it's now clear for the GIF, simply inserting it the same way we insert a JPG is the trick, thanks. I'll give a try later.
3. Clicking Link in the menu above and pasting the permalink, or URL if that's what you have, in the box and pressing OK.Is that what you wanted?
Gary, yes that's what I meant!Selecting the text before and then click the Link menu in order to paste the copied Hyperlink is the trick!Let's give a try right now:This is your last post in Big Blue's Transformation topic.Working!:nabble_smiley_happy:

Gary, it's now clear for the GIF, simply inserting it the same way we insert a JPG is the trick, thanks. I'll give a try later.

3. Clicking Link in the menu above and pasting the permalink, or URL if that's what you have, in the box and pressing OK.

Is that what you wanted?

Gary, yes that's what I meant!

Selecting the text before and then click the Link menu in order to paste the copied Hyperlink is the trick!

Let's give a try right now:

This is your last post in Big Blue's Transformation topic.

Working!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Jeff - Yep, it worked. :nabble_smiley_good:

for paint prep I use good ole brillo pads. removes the dead layer without scratching and cleans dirt and oils too just be sure to rinse thoroughly. and the pads form fit to the contours really well too.

Thats a great idea! I used a green Scotchbrite and elbow grease. Looks far superior to sanding. It left the texture on.