Bullnose Forums

Setting Base Timing

Kelly - Good talking to you just now. But one more thing for your signature might be your name. We see the "handle" but I prefer calling people by name.

Bill - I tagged you 'cause I think you'll know where the SPOUT, or whatever the connector is called that is to be disconnected to set base timing, is. I can't find it in the documentation. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Kelly - Good talking to you just now. But one more thing for your signature might be your name. We see the "handle" but I prefer calling people by name.

Bill - I tagged you 'cause I think you'll know where the SPOUT, or whatever the connector is called that is to be disconnected to set base timing, is. I can't find it in the documentation. :nabble_smiley_cry:

On a 1985, I believe it is an in-line plug near the distributor, but late in the year might have had the jumper plug.

Whichever it has, warm it up, shut it off and disconnect the wire or plug, restart and check the timing. There is a caution regarding starting using the key rather than a start jumper switch as the computer needs the start signal.

If the sticker is still on the radiator front panel, it should show it.

On a 1985, I believe it is an in-line plug near the distributor, but late in the year might have had the jumper plug.

Whichever it has, warm it up, shut it off and disconnect the wire or plug, restart and check the timing. There is a caution regarding starting using the key rather than a start jumper switch as the computer needs the start signal.

If the sticker is still on the radiator front panel, it should show it.

Attach38605_20230203_142441.thumb.jpg.61bb0a5685ce2ba7571558be782a55bb.jpg

Does this look like it possibly? Thank you