Bullnose Forums

Old Spectator but New Member from East TN

JWMUSTANGMAN

Well JW, good to have a fellow Bullnose and Mustanger among us! I am doing a full rotisserie restoration on my 69. Hope to have it painted and running by years end. This ole girl was my first car. Check out my build thread: https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/69-gulfstream-aqua-mach-1-build.1167764/

As she sits now...........

Gary, thanks for allowing a Non-Bullnose build on the forum but hard enough for me to keep up to date on the Mustang forum. You're the best, man!

Gary, thanks for allowing a Non-Bullnose build on the forum but hard enough for me to keep up to date on the Mustang forum. You're the best, man!

As long as you are documenting the build that's fine. But doing a build w/o documenting it isn't a good idea. At some point you'll need to know what you've done. And you are going to forget how much work was involved, and a review of the documentation will remind you of all of that.

As long as you are documenting the build that's fine. But doing a build w/o documenting it isn't a good idea. At some point you'll need to know what you've done. And you are going to forget how much work was involved, and a review of the documentation will remind you of all of that.

Machspeed, that is gunna be a gorgeous ride. looks like it is definitely getting the attention it deserves. I'm pretty competent mechanically, but I'm scared of body work. Thankfully, most of the common rust areas are good on mine: floors, torque boxes, cowl area, frame rails, trunk, all solid. The only real rust is about a fist sized spot behind the right rear wheel. I'm going thru mechanicals and hope to get it road worthy while I save for proper paint and body work. It's only original unrestored once, so I'm not going to throw some mickey mouse body work on it. haha. I just know it will be a while before I can afford the paint and body work it deserves, so I want to drive it in the mean time.

Machspeed, that is gunna be a gorgeous ride. looks like it is definitely getting the attention it deserves. I'm pretty competent mechanically, but I'm scared of body work. Thankfully, most of the common rust areas are good on mine: floors, torque boxes, cowl area, frame rails, trunk, all solid. The only real rust is about a fist sized spot behind the right rear wheel. I'm going thru mechanicals and hope to get it road worthy while I save for proper paint and body work. It's only original unrestored once, so I'm not going to throw some mickey mouse body work on it. haha. I just know it will be a while before I can afford the paint and body work it deserves, so I want to drive it in the mean time.

Thank you, JW! Actually, I thought my car was rust free until I had it media blasted. Pinhole rust in the lower door frames, both sides, and both lower rear quarters just behind the wheels. Also found a few dents I didn't realize I had that must have been done and repaired by the original owner. Fortunately, I can address the metal work and some of the pre paint prep. I'll be having it painted though. Do you post on any Mustang forums?

Thank you, JW! Actually, I thought my car was rust free until I had it media blasted. Pinhole rust in the lower door frames, both sides, and both lower rear quarters just behind the wheels. Also found a few dents I didn't realize I had that must have been done and repaired by the original owner. Fortunately, I can address the metal work and some of the pre paint prep. I'll be having it painted though. Do you post on any Mustang forums?

I'm sure some other surprises would show up if I had mine media blasted. I guess ignorance is bliss, cause I'm not gunna do anything like that til I can have it fixed right. :nabble_smiley_tongue: I do post on 7173 mustang forum, but haven't much lately. I must admit progress has been slow on her. I've seen so many that go deep in debt for a resto then end up having to sell it to pay off the debt. I have sworn I'm not going down that path, so I'm only doing work as I can afford to. Unfortunately, our grocery bill has skyrocketed due to inflation and and a 2 and 4 year old that eat like draft horses. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: All that to say, we are single income at my house, and I have to pick up side work or something for mustang money. I'm hoping to allocate some of our tax return for some parts this year tho; so maybe that will get the ball rolling. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I'm sure some other surprises would show up if I had mine media blasted. I guess ignorance is bliss, cause I'm not gunna do anything like that til I can have it fixed right. :nabble_smiley_tongue: I do post on 7173 mustang forum, but haven't much lately. I must admit progress has been slow on her. I've seen so many that go deep in debt for a resto then end up having to sell it to pay off the debt. I have sworn I'm not going down that path, so I'm only doing work as I can afford to. Unfortunately, our grocery bill has skyrocketed due to inflation and and a 2 and 4 year old that eat like draft horses. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: All that to say, we are single income at my house, and I have to pick up side work or something for mustang money. I'm hoping to allocate some of our tax return for some parts this year tho; so maybe that will get the ball rolling. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Fully understand and wish you well!