Bullnose Forums

New Member with 1981 F150 Flaireside

dionden

certainly, don't be careless but these are trucks, they will have a little wind noise. the drip rails will make sure of that. set the door up without gaskets first but be sure to tape edges and be careful. with the door latched measure the inside opening where the gasket mounts to be as even around as possible for gasket compression but only safter centering the door in the outside opening. 1/4-5/16 gap at the door handle seam is not unusual. although it feels wrong even saying that.

Thanks Matt, I wish I was at the stage of taping edges. I have removed the surface rust, primer and sealed the paint on the doors.

As far as adjusting the doors, I have removed the striker pin also.

Thanks Matt, I wish I was at the stage of taping edges. I have removed the surface rust, primer and sealed the paint on the doors.

As far as adjusting the doors, I have removed the striker pin also.

well, if you are setting the doors up for their permanent location, I would put the striker back in to do so. it's too easy to remove after all set. with it in place, you are adjusting a triangle across the pin and two hinges. you really should only need to adjust for wear and not position unless there was some really hard use. even then, if adjusting for wear, be sure to replace any service parts like hinge pins and bushings.