Bullnose Forums

Filling dry carburetor bowl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another option is starting fluid.

It will get the engine to stumble a bit and easier on the starter.

I'm late to the party, but my solution is similar to this. I dump a little gas down the throat of the carb. It'll fire up immediately and run for a few seconds. Then repeat. Usually be the second or third time it'll stay running, and it hasn't been more than 10 seconds of cranking total.

Related, back when I was still ruining... er, I mean running electric fuel pumps I somehow ended at the end of my street with the Bronco not willing to start. Turned out another electric fuel pump had died. So I did this trick but starting it in gear each time to drive it the half-a-block home.

Another option is starting fluid.

It will get the engine to stumble a bit and easier on the starter.

I'm late to the party, but my solution is similar to this. I dump a little gas down the throat of the carb. It'll fire up immediately and run for a few seconds. Then repeat. Usually be the second or third time it'll stay running, and it hasn't been more than 10 seconds of cranking total.

Related, back when I was still ruining... er, I mean running electric fuel pumps I somehow ended at the end of my street with the Bronco not willing to start. Turned out another electric fuel pump had died. So I did this trick but starting it in gear each time to drive it the half-a-block home.

Jeff & Dane - I do my best to inject a bit of humor into a dry subject. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Bob - Be careful with that approach. I once saw a fireball shoot out of the carb doing it that way. I think I like Jeff's idea of squirting it into the bowl of the carb better.

Jeff & Dane - I do my best to inject a bit of humor into a dry subject. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Please please! That's enough!

Stop making us laugh, we can't take it anymore!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Yup, Gary is choking us up with his rich humor!

Please please! That's enough!

Stop making us laugh, we can't take it anymore!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Stop! Stop!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: