Bullnose Forums

Need Help On 1980 EVTM

Thanks, Scott. Basically you can't download the file. Right? That's pretty much what I was hoping for.

People can do a screen print, I'd bet, but they can't copy the whole file in one go. The Intellectual Property lawyer I hired said it is ok to let them do things like screen prints, but downloading the whole document might be questionable.

So I'll take the MS OneDrive copy off the page and just use the Google one. :nabble_anim_working:

Correct- I can't find a way to download the file using the Google Drive embedded one.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You downloaded it via the Google page once, but couldn't again.

What about the lower one, the Microsoft OneDrive?

I’m not seeing the option for One Drive below. :nabble_anim_confused:

Dane - I took it out based on the feedback y'all gave me. The Google version works so we don't need the OneDrive version.

I think this new approach is going to work nicely as it gives the ability to search for things, and I've now added all of the links in the Contents section.

So I think I'm done, unless someone has a better idea. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dane - I took it out based on the feedback y'all gave me. The Google version works so we don't need the OneDrive version.

I think this new approach is going to work nicely as it gives the ability to search for things, and I've now added all of the links in the Contents section.

So I think I'm done, unless someone has a better idea. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Awesome! Thanks Gary!

Awesome! Thanks Gary!

Welcome, Dane.

I've had a pdf copy of the '85 EVTM in my files for quite some time and have found it very useful when needing to find the uses of a given connector or some wire color. But was afraid of placing it on the website for fear of running afoul of someone with the rights from Ford to publish the EVTMs. However, this new approach gives us a way to do that and still not wave a red flag at some publisher.

Welcome, Dane.

I've had a pdf copy of the '85 EVTM in my files for quite some time and have found it very useful when needing to find the uses of a given connector or some wire color. But was afraid of placing it on the website for fear of running afoul of someone with the rights from Ford to publish the EVTMs. However, this new approach gives us a way to do that and still not wave a red flag at some publisher.

I have a copy of all my manuals on Adobe cloud. That way I have it on my iPad or phone when traveling.

I can't save it;).

Thanks, Cory. Reassuring to know.

I'm sure there will be those who won't like this approach since they cannot download it. But I think it is better to have the info available and not be able to download it than to make it available and then be sued and have to take and it and everything else down.

I'm sure there will be those who won't like this approach since they cannot download it.

I was never aware that they could be downloaded before. I have both 1984 and 1985 FSM's in PDF and they are my default go to, so I rarely use the forum EVTM, but I DO use a lot of the other documentation you have on here.

I'm sure there will be those who won't like this approach since they cannot download it.

I was never aware that they could be downloaded before. I have both 1984 and 1985 FSM's in PDF and they are my default go to, so I rarely use the forum EVTM, but I DO use a lot of the other documentation you have on here.

According to the IP lawyer there are few, if any, hard and fasts in intellectual property. Complete documents that someone can download in one go are not a good idea if they are ones that someone may have the rights to reproduce. So we don't put the whole FSM on in one go as people are licensed by Ford to reproduce and sell them and could, rightly, be concerned.

But the lawyer said if the sections of a document are dispersed across the site such that it would take great effort to download them and create the complete document that is probably ok. So we have each engine, transmission, body part, etc section spread across the site. And, we don't have all of any year's FSM on the site.

On the other hand, I have hundreds of other, typically obscure, Ford documents that apparently no one is reproducing, so I put some of them on the site in one document if they are small enough. Or in a few sections if they are larger. For instance, no one seems to be reproducing the dealer fact books, but they are so large that they'd take a long time to load if you just want to look at them, so I break them up.

As for the "old way" of doing EVTMs, they are done via scanned pictures of the pages. And they aren't OCR'd. So if someone wanted to have a whole '85 EVTM he'd have to copy over 150 pages, one page at a time, and the lawyer thought that was ok.

But with the request for the 1980 EVTM I thought I'd try something new, and something that looked like it would take less time to do. As it turned out it may have taken about the same length of time, but a large part of that was a learning experience. So maybe I'll do this approach in future.