Bullnose Forums

Need Help On 1980 EVTM

Folks - I need some help on the 1980 EVTM. In order to be sure that no one that is selling EVTM's has a legal issue I'm looking for a way of embedding the file such that it cannot downloaded.

I know you can on the way I've been embedding files, which is via Microsoft's OneDrive, but supposedly I can turn downloading off if I use Google Drive. So I've added a Google Drive version at the top of the page at Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1980 EVTM and have left the OneDrive version down below.

So please go to that page and see if you can download the Google version. You'd do that by clicking the button circled on the screenshot below on the left. That will bring up a screen like shown on the right, and then you click the download button, that's also circled.

Since the file is mine it lets me. But can you?

Google_Embed_Pop_Out.thumb.jpg.2d373af8be66a146df80e37e0ae6f25b.jpgPopped_Out_Download.thumb.jpg.a9dd47d0eca59ad6b9ae63b917db67ae.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary, I can't copy either of them. the "copy" is light gray and doesn't do anything.

Thanks, Bill. But what about downloading?

On the Google one you click the popout and then on the new page click the download icon.

On the OneDrive version you click the icon circled in the lower right and then the Download A Copy option. And what about the Embed Information? If you can get to that you can get to it that way.

MS_OD_Options.thumb.jpg.d9c71286739f7dc27f2e861847dc3cc5.jpg

You downloaded it via the Google page once, but couldn't again.

What about the lower one, the Microsoft OneDrive?

Using Chrome.

Embed with Google:

Pop-out works.

From there Print icon is greyed out.

Trying to print from the browser shows a blank page.

Add shortcut to my drive is available.

Trying to perform actions on the 'link' that I added a shortcut to in my Drive shows the same inability to print

:nabble_smiley_good:

Embed with Microsoft:

Able to print.

Able to download.

Using Chrome.

Embed with Google:

Pop-out works.

From there Print icon is greyed out.

Trying to print from the browser shows a blank page.

Add shortcut to my drive is available.

Trying to perform actions on the 'link' that I added a shortcut to in my Drive shows the same inability to print

:nabble_smiley_good:

Embed with Microsoft:

Able to print.

Able to download.

Thanks, Scott. Basically you can't download the file. Right? That's pretty much what I was hoping for.

People can do a screen print, I'd bet, but they can't copy the whole file in one go. The Intellectual Property lawyer I hired said it is ok to let them do things like screen prints, but downloading the whole document might be questionable.

So I'll take the MS OneDrive copy off the page and just use the Google one. :nabble_anim_working: