Bullnose Forums

New member with 1986 F250 460cui from the Netherlands

Flaterik

Yuri,

Welcome

Good to see you found your way over here.

As I thought there are others from your area and they might be able to help what is needed to get the plates.

I did not say it on the other forum that is a nice looking truck.

Good luck

Dave ----

Thnx Dave. Yes, a few near my area. Good to know!

Thnx Jeff 😃

Visited the DMV today. The German DMV has listed the full VIN number on the truck papers. However, we can only find the partial number on the chassis. These do not match and therefore further research is needed. This can only be done on February 16. Then they will investigate the truck further and see if they can find the full VIN number. If they can't find it, they'll hammer it into the chassis. If the German DMV had taken over the partial number on the truck papers, it would have been good. Unbelievable this.

Visited the DMV today. The German DMV has listed the full VIN number on the truck papers. However, we can only find the partial number on the chassis. These do not match and therefore further research is needed. This can only be done on February 16. Then they will investigate the truck further and see if they can find the full VIN number. If they can't find it, they'll hammer it into the chassis. If the German DMV had taken over the partial number on the truck papers, it would have been good. Unbelievable this.

They won't find the full VIN on the chassis as Ford didn't put the complete VIN on the frames of these trucks. We've discussed that in several places on this forum, including this thread.

In there I posted the pic below of the two partial VINs stamped on the frame of Dad's truck. The one on the left reads "F14BPA13695". And the whole VIN is 1FTDF14G4BPA13695.

The VIN breaks down as shown here, which is taken directly from Ford's Master Parts Catalog:

1FT: Truck (Complete Vehicle)

D: 5001 to 6000 lb class

F14: Pickup F150 4wd

G: 351 5.8L engine with a 2bbl carb

4: Check digit that means nothing to anyone but Ford

B: Vehicle model year of 1981

P: Assembly plant code for Twin Cities

A13695: Numerical sequence of assembly for that plant. In other words, Dad's truck was the 13,695 one assembled for the 1981 model year in Twin Cities

So what is stamped on the frame is:

F14: Truck (Complete Vehicle)

B: 1981 model year

P: Twin Cities plant

A13695: Sequential assembly number

DSCN3668.jpg.c73b9f0714b8a22fbd6f5dfa4cb0abe9.jpg

They won't find the full VIN on the chassis as Ford didn't put the complete VIN on the frames of these trucks. We've discussed that in several places on this forum, including this thread.

In there I posted the pic below of the two partial VINs stamped on the frame of Dad's truck. The one on the left reads "F14BPA13695". And the whole VIN is 1FTDF14G4BPA13695.

The VIN breaks down as shown here, which is taken directly from Ford's Master Parts Catalog:

1FT: Truck (Complete Vehicle)

D: 5001 to 6000 lb class

F14: Pickup F150 4wd

G: 351 5.8L engine with a 2bbl carb

4: Check digit that means nothing to anyone but Ford

B: Vehicle model year of 1981

P: Assembly plant code for Twin Cities

A13695: Numerical sequence of assembly for that plant. In other words, Dad's truck was the 13,695 one assembled for the 1981 model year in Twin Cities

So what is stamped on the frame is:

F14: Truck (Complete Vehicle)

B: 1981 model year

P: Twin Cities plant

A13695: Sequential assembly number

Hello everyone,

I would also like to ask our Dutch DMV to register the draw weight on the truck papers. For that, i need a document (manual?) from Ford for my F250 from 1986 that states what the towing weight (max) is. Do any of you have such a document or where can I find it? Is it listed on a Marti report?

Hello everyone,

I would also like to ask our Dutch DMV to register the draw weight on the truck papers. For that, i need a document (manual?) from Ford for my F250 from 1986 that states what the towing weight (max) is. Do any of you have such a document or where can I find it? Is it listed on a Marti report?

If by "draw weight" you mean the amount of weight the truck can tow, that would be the Gross Combined Weight Rating, or GCWR.

The owners guide has the specifications on that, and you can see or even download a copy of the 1986 version here. Page 137 is the start of the info you are looking for.

If by "draw weight" you mean the amount of weight the truck can tow, that would be the Gross Combined Weight Rating, or GCWR.

The owners guide has the specifications on that, and you can see or even download a copy of the 1986 version here. Page 137 is the start of the info you are looking for.

foto1.thumb.jpg.f6392aa1cfb3f23f399845211acc4a22.jpgEmpty weight 2100 kg on paper. I have a sticker inside my drivers door but no text on it anymore. Could be the safety standard certification label? In the old manual book, on the page rear axle codes is marked up with pen "39". Ford capacity 6250 / ratio 3.55. After that I don't get it anymore...

foto1.thumb.jpg.ee1301b8aeab3f0f6fcbb2fc17c63c6f.jpgEmpty weight 2100 kg on paper. I have a sticker inside my drivers door but no text on it anymore. Could be the safety standard certification label? In the old manual book, on the page rear axle codes is marked up with pen "39". Ford capacity 6250 / ratio 3.55. After that I don't get it anymore...

Yes, the label on the door frame was the certification label. Without that you don't know the GVWR. I think you will have to go to the Marti report. And I'd have them make a new certification label.

foto1.thumb.jpg.ee1301b8aeab3f0f6fcbb2fc17c63c6f.jpg