Bullnose Forums

Headlights

mp470

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, it was a lot easier to get the headlight assembly in properly without the grille and the lightbulb in the way. Unfortunately I stripped the threads off of the adjusting bolt so it's no more. Any idea what the thread pitch / size is on these? I looked at the diagram but it wasn't listed.

Well, it was a lot easier to get the headlight assembly in properly without the grille and the lightbulb in the way. Unfortunately I stripped the threads off of the adjusting bolt so it's no more. Any idea what the thread pitch / size is on these? I looked at the diagram but it wasn't listed.

if you stripped the actual adjusting screw you may be able to find them in Dorman's "help" section.

I'm with Bill - you may be able to find it in the Help section.

But, to answer your question it is a 10-32 screw. However, it needs the ring at the top to ensure the headlight follows the screw. If you need one that one's an extra - just email me your address.

DSCN2539.thumb.jpg.70f44717349efdb40a2d7bef83f18d6f.jpg

I'm with Bill - you may be able to find it in the Help section.

But, to answer your question it is a 10-32 screw. However, it needs the ring at the top to ensure the headlight follows the screw. If you need one that one's an extra - just email me your address.

Thank you for the kind offer, I was able to rig something up using a similar bolt from Napa and some creativity.

Thank you for the kind offer, I was able to rig something up using a similar bolt from Napa and some creativity.

Just to follow up on this, I've revised the information I had on this website about the headlight adjusting screw. If you had clicked on the blue box surrounding the #13032 on the page in the link you'd have been taken to a picture of the screw and nut and a link to Dennis Carpenter as a source. But, I've added the bit about it being a 10-32 screw as well as the Dorman number and another source - Amazon.

In addition I've realized that the #13032 is oddly-placed on the master parts catalog's illustration that I'm using and isn't easily associated with the screw and nut. Yes, there are two black arrows pointing from it to those two items, but that wasn't intuitively obvious to me, so I added red arrows hoping to make it more obvious.

All in all, this has been a very helpful exchange! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Just to follow up on this, I've revised the information I had on this website about the headlight adjusting screw. If you had clicked on the blue box surrounding the #13032 on the page in the link you'd have been taken to a picture of the screw and nut and a link to Dennis Carpenter as a source. But, I've added the bit about it being a 10-32 screw as well as the Dorman number and another source - Amazon.

In addition I've realized that the #13032 is oddly-placed on the master parts catalog's illustration that I'm using and isn't easily associated with the screw and nut. Yes, there are two black arrows pointing from it to those two items, but that wasn't intuitively obvious to me, so I added red arrows hoping to make it more obvious.

There can be a lot of work put into these things sometimes, I'm glad you're finding the opportunities, Gary. :)

It's coming along nicely. There are also two Napa part numbers:

NOE 6651685 and 6651072. It doesn't specify the differences between them.

It's coming along nicely. There are also two Napa part numbers:

NOE 6651685 and 6651072. It doesn't specify the differences between them.

I think NAPA is a bit confused. Both part numbers are said to fit my truck, and both give you two items with the same UPC code. But one is $2.24 and one is $5.66. I know it says $2.24/ea, but it says you get 2 adjusting screws and it is the same UPC. But even if it really was each, that would be $4.48, not $5.66. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Napa_NOE_6651072.thumb.jpg.d8c1d943558c657400377811c19e137a.jpg

Napa_NOE_6651885.thumb.jpg.763d99d90d1c3daa9259f7d5218bbd6a.jpg