Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Got around to checking the fuel pressure today, about 3 psi from the electric in tank pump
  2. Went to try adjusting float level and find that mine is of course, non adjustable type
  3. brought my Underwood light back to life. Drilled out the rivets, repaired the leads and we are good
  4. I have one of these valves on my 460 also and have not messed w/it yet. Does anyone know how it should be turned? Wondering since I am having some hot start and idle after hot start issues.....
  5. Found a link online describing how to check the float level on a Holley 4bbl so will be trying that and also checking fuel pressure this weekend when I get time.
  6. Ran again this weekend after doing some fuel line insulating. Did fine on the Menard's run. Started decent when I came out of the store. To be fair it was relatively cool (50F) so it will be better tested once it warms up. Truck still stumbles off the line a bit, frustrating because it is very intermittent. I never know which stop sign it will sputter pulling away from. Still need to check the fuel pressure from the electric pump and then on to the choke. I did note after a drive that the choke plate is wide open at rest, which i would believe as it should be...
  7. Thanks Jim! I am no stranger to the Rock Auto website.....
  8. Oops, yup I missed that the year was 87 and up. Time to whip out the readers lol. Question remains, anyone know of a kit to fit this truck?
  9. yeah it is a single pipe from the Y to the muffler
  10. For an F350, 460/C6, 2wd SRW, is there any difference in the exhaust, (routing, pipe size, mounting points) between it and a similar F250? I want to replace the exhaust on my truck, and I find a few bolt on (i don't weld) kits for similar F250's but nothing for F350"s. LMC has a bolt on one for the F250....Anyone know any other retailers selling a kit that might work? Thanks to all
  11. Yes rust is definitely a big issue on the Omni, will probably do this one in sooner than later as there is a hole in the floorboard. Bought it cheap though and learned some wrenching on it. Guy I bought it from had a GM/Rochester 1 bbl carb he had rigged up on it. After trying a couple of carbs on it decided on the Weber 32/36 which seems to work well. I hope to take it out on the highway for the first time this weekend to see how it does
  12. I think I do have the hot start, i have the "T" in the metal fuel line close to where the line goes into the carb and I have the electric fuel pump. Probably because the truck was AC equipped? I will look into adjusting the choke if the insulation doesn't work, but this process will be a new one for me. Something I could use to learn though.