Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. I was going to swap it into my 93 4x4 ranger, make it off road only/hunting rig. Decided to leave the ranger stock 3.0l w/5sp. I am a ford guy, so the motor would have been for any future projects I may have came across.
  2. If this is the wrong section, feel free to move it. Picked up a 94 mark 8 the other day. Originally I bought it for the motor and trans(future swap) but the car ran and drove pretty decent. It has been neglected but runs like the wind, passed smog easily. It has all the typical mark 8 issues. Door handle broken, leaking air ride,abused/neglected leather interior. So far New tires, front tie rods, and some 91 octane gas and she runs smoothly. Anyway not much to look at but her she is..
  3. So I decided to find out why none of my interior lights are working. Looks like previous owner pulled the courtesy lights fuse. I installed the fuse and got my overhead, glovebox,and floorboard lights working at this time. In the middle of this I decided to put an old stereo system I had left over from years ago, anyway I decided to cut the wires on the old radio(I know I should have bought the kit, but I didn't) I am only using the 3 wire harness(battery power, switched power, ground) the other harness has speaker wires and other wires I am not sure of there origin. So the question, did I cut a ground from my dash lights in the radio harness? I have power through all the fuses, but no dash lights. I have a manual I bought the other day but no detail on the radio or dash wiring.
  4. I had been dead set against changing the wheels but I have been wondering lately about changing them. And saw these for cheap, what do you guys/gals think? https://fresno.craigslist.org/wto/d/17-stock-dodge-rims-dodge/6583841821.html
  5. The truck developed a small oil leak, i took it back to the mechanic and he fixed the problem. He also changed my fuel pump, had a little leak also. After getting the truck back I removed the headache rack and the steps, I think it looks a much better.
  6. Probably 4.10 also. I cruised at about 45mph. It was screaming at 70.
  7. So I got my 85 f250 back from the engine swap. It runs well, seems the swapped motor may hold up. I am having a few issues I need to address, not with the motor though I took it on a decent shake down run out through the country, shows some decent acceleration in 4th gear. Got it up around 70mph at times, mostly just cruising it around in 4th.
  8. I did drive it home, and I think the blinkers and brake lights worked. I guess that's a start.
  9. Sadly, I haven't had any time to get out to the truck, since that day. But I took a bunch of pictures the other day and just noticed this.....uuggghh!
  10. I had a 1990 ranger and a 95 f150 4x4 both bought new and those were the factory wheels, the ranger in 5x4.5 of course.
  11. Very nice project you have going. One question, did you repair your old headliner or is that new?
  12. I will fill in my sig line when I know what I have. I haven't done any real research on either truck yet. The 80 I bought off CL last year and drove it out to a friends shop and parked it, then bought doors, fenders, seat, column, and grill from another CL transaction several months ago. Thanks for the site and your help.
  13. Yes, it has the slide locks on the truck. I guess I better peruse this site better before asking anymore questions.
  14. Thanks Gary, I think it's an 80 perhaps it is an 81? I really should check on all this before I ask you guys questions. I skimmed over the parts this morning that I bought months ago and noticed some other differences with my door locks. The 80 doors don't have locking knobs on the top of the sill and the 86 does, but I don't think that will be a problem