Search Forum
Show Tips
Sort by relevance | Sorted by date
Found 24 matching posts for message:"dashpot" in Big Blue's Transformation Showing posts 1 to 12.
... bucking. In addition, the dashpot is working well as it holds the RPM up during a shift to about 1000, and that makes it about right to go into the next gear. Overall, I think it is running very, very nicely.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by Gary Lewis — 7350 replies in thread
Thanks, John. It was a really good feeling, especially today. But I'm not quite sure I know what is going on as I went back two steps in tunes and wrote one in that had the proper parameters in for both the dashpot as well as lower limit to go into RPM Control. And when I fired it up the...
... throttle blips I did and is surely due to having the dashpot disabled. AFR: The blue line is the actual AFR and just before the vertical red line it is running about 18 - 19:1. But that red line is Fuel Source and when it goes to 0 the system goes into closed-loop mode. At that point the AFR goes...
... where closed throttle works and tunes where it doesn't, I don't have a good answer. And that is because I didn't keep good enough records. I have a tune file called "05042022 Misfire Dashpot for MPH and Idle Changes" and I have several log files with that name plus a time stamp, and they all have...
Mid-day report. I did two things this morn: 1. I set Lower Limit To Enter Dashpot RPM Control to 1.4 lbs/min. 2. I asked a question regarding this on Decipha's forum . Then I took it for a drive and did some data logging. And when it was warm and at idle the ISCFLG was still at 0...
Today I changed Dashpot Preposition to 0 @ all RPMs and one more culprit has been exonerated. In truth, the air mass value going through the MAF sensor went down from 1.4+ to 1.2+, so maybe if I set the Lower Limit to Enter Dashpot RPM Control back to 1.4 we'd go into RPM control. But even...
And, here's the latest suspect: Dashpot Preposition. As you'll see in the writeup, it says "the basic concept may be envisioned as a sort of parallel throttle", so this is in addition to the air that the ECU thinks is needed to let the engine idle. In the screenshot below my #'s are on the left and Bill's are on the right. I'm thinking this may well be the culprit, and I think I'll set all of those numbers to 0 and see what happens.
Well, 1.4 for the Lower Limit to Enter Dashpot RPM Control didn't do it. After it fully warmed up the idle is more like 850 RPM and the "AM" value is running between 1.4 and 1.5 at idle. But 700/850 * 1.5 = 1.24 which was the AM value before, so that fits. Given that it isn't surprising that the...
... isn't constant. In looking at the log of the idle after I'd driven the truck and it was fully warmed up I discovered that the Idle Speed Control Flag (ISCFLG) = 0. But the writeup in BE says that: -1 = Dashpot 0 = Dashpot Preposition 1 = RPM Control 2 = RPM Lockout (No learning...
Bill - Please don't miss the "What do you see" question above. BUT, I see a huge difference in my Dashpot Maximum Based off Vehicle Speed vs yours. In the screen snag below mine is on the left and yours on the right. This is the table I modified to get the R's to come down when shifting, but...
... 1 0 Switch I should turn this off Canister Purge Flow Test Disabled Enabled Switch And yet I'm getting an error Dashpot MPH to Enable Declutch Clip 10 20 MPH Didn't change anything on Big Blue Decceleration...
... was the coolant leak. I contacted Amazon and they contacted the seller, Stay Cool. Their response was that they'll ship me a new one! Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I made a couple more "programming" changes to Big Blue's "Dashpot Maximum Based off Vehicle Speed". I'd had it at .1 at 0 MPH and...
Next 12 »
Search Forum
Show Tips