Veteran

Veteran (13/14)

• Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Yeah, I'm 38. My bio kids are 11 and 14. The twins will be 3 in January. My 14 year old just hit 6'1", and he just turned 14. On track for 6'7". The 11 year old is ahead of his brother at the same age. He could be 6'8". The twins are boy and girl. So, I'm hoping to get another truck project down the line for each of them!!
  2. Gotcha. Yeah, its definitely a 97' axle, according to the code on the tag. Looks like the calipers and rotors and pads are all newish. I don't see anything but surface rust on the rotors, as if someone put the brakes on, and then took the axle out. I'll get time soon. We just learned that we are getting the chance to adopt twins. So only God knows if I'll have time to finish this truck. We have twin foster kids living with us. 2.5 year old. I thought I was going to be done raising kids by 44ish....starting ALL over NOW!!
  3. 1992-1997 Dana 60 Ford F350 Front Axle ID | 1996 Ford F350 Front Axle Identification Online at Torque King According to this, ive got a 1997 axle.
  4. XV1011 1995-1997 Ford F350 Dana 60 4x4 Front Axle Exploded View (torqueking.com) Answered my own question, 1992-1997. This site has some very good reading on front axles. I just need to figure out if this axle is a 92-94, or a 95-97. Seems there are a few small changes.
  5. Well, I think I've decided to clean up the Ball joint D60 and use it. Now I just need to source all the parts. Does anyone know what years the ball joint D60s came in? I can maybe figure it out by looking at Rockauto's parts selection. But would like to have it confirmed somehow.
  6. No idea what DAHIK means.... Thanks for the tip
  7. Is the goal to release the clip from the trim, or release it from the little peg on the body inside the window channel?
  8. Thanks everyone. The Autozone T shaped one is the one I had previously. Doesn't sound like it has to be a very complicated tool. Understanding how the clip engages the trim is the part I need to grasp now.
  9. I need to remove some windshield trim, and its been awhile since Ive done that. Seems that I bought a tool out of the help section at autozone 10+ years ago, but I cannot find that tool anywhere. Anyone have a recommendation on a tool that works really well? Maybe take a putty knife and modify it? I see several types of tools online, I am wondering which works best.
  10. My 1980 had the separate buzzers for the seatbelt and the headlights. Dueling Buzzers was enough to drive me mad. I just got tired of it dinging everytime I opened the door to hook up a trailer, or listen to the radio better, or getting fuel.
  11. Bill, yeah, maybe. I heard Putin is opening his borders to white Christian conservative immigrants.....but we don't go to the politics and religion here...
  12. My 88 chime drove me nuts. I pulled that sucker out of its harness and keep it in the console.
  13. Thanks Paul, not seeing exactly what I have in mind yet. Pic below is what I'm looking for. Saw these on an FTE post. It's an older post.
  14. I'm looking for a set, I'm not sure if they were aftermarket, or something you could order from the factory. Definitely interested in some factory guards if anyone has any, or knows where to buy them. Googling didn't real turn up what I was looking for, so maybe they are called something else? Something like this but with a Ford logo, and brushed metal look.