original fabric for the seats and headliner?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

original fabric for the seats and headliner?

Romel
This post was updated on .
Anyone know if I can source it anywhere? My interior is tan fabric captain chairs, tan headliner.
1986 XLT Lariat F250 6.9 IDI, supercab, sidewinder, psd intercooler, hydroboost
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: original fabric for the swats and headliner?

salans7
SMS Auto Fabrics should have the exact match, but If I recall correctly, they aren't cheap for obvious reasons. They sent me samples for my old truck a few years ago, and the samples matched the original seat perfectly.

https://smsautofabrics.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
 According to the website they only carry up to 1980 .
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: original fabric for the seats and headliner?

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Romel
Matthew (Dorsai) just had his bench recovered in original fabric.

I know he mentioned the source, but I don't have time to look it up.

Check his build thread

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-Truck-of-Doom-An-Occasional-Build-Thread-tp28889.html
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by delco1946
delco1946 wrote
According to the website they only carry up to 1980 .
I find that strange, but I'm not sure the materials changed between 1980-1984 so it may still be an option.
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
I actually just ordered some samples from them. The pics are terrible so you need the samples. I ordered three that I thought would be closest to my 81 fabric but none were a match. But I think there were multiplied fabrics so maybe you’ll be luckier.
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by salans7
I ordered original fabric from SMS to cover a 1987 bench seat in Canyon Red.  Although expensive, it is the real thing and it looks absolutely fantastic in my truck.
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Can i ask how you found it? Trial and error? Whenever i access the site the "year" drop-down box ends at 1980 :(
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I have ordered fabric for a 1984 and 1986. Samples were sent and the match was excellent; quality, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by delco1946
On their website, you will see a tab at the top that reads CONTACT.  Click on that, and fill out the form.  

Request fabric and/or vinyl samples for your truck, making sure to include your year truck, trim level, interior code, and color.  Pictures can be attached.  Don't forget to include your mailing address. They will send you fabric and/or vinyl samples that were available for your exact application (or whatever application you specify) within about a week.

*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Good to know, I guess they do really have more than what’s shown online. They’re just in the next town over, I wonder if I can shop in person? Especially since I just want something that color coordinates and Isn’t an exact match. I’ll have to find out!
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
What I did when I restored my truck, is I found out what years Ford offered Canyon Red interiors and what models.  I discovered that Ford used that color on the F-Series trucks from 1984 - 1987.  Even the Mustang used that color in the mid 1980s.  Then I looked online to see what different patterns Ford used in that color during those years, and chose the one I liked the best.  I ordered fabric samples from SMS in a few different years so that I could see them in person to make sure.

Even though my truck is a 1985 model, I have a 1987 seat and used 1987 material in Canyon Red simply because I liked it better.  That way, the fabric still matches my interior perfectly - even if it is not technically correct for the year.