classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mat in tn
ok gary i may have figured this out. my name is matt and i m 54 and live in nashville tn. i have the first truck i ever bought and it is still my daily driver today. 1986 f150 sb 4x2 with 300/ c6. one engine rebuild 20 years ago.  at this point bubba is as much a part of the family as anyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: new member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, you're figuring it out, Matt.  Welcome!  

I know Nashville fairly well as our kids used to live there.  In fact, our SiL is there now on business.

So, do you want to be on our map?  (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.)

That's a good story - you bought the truck new and still drive it.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
well i wish it was purchased new. im too cheap for that . always have been. i bought it five years old and negotiated hard. i have owned may trucks since and still have a few. i retired (quit) so i could do bullnose trucks somewhat full time. i do later models too but not as extensively. i always have one frame off resto going at any given time.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are surely going to be a big help here!  Show us some of your restorations?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
i am definitely tech challenged. i have no pics on my computer . they are on my phone. the phone app only shows the left half of the forum. idk... i no longer have a secretary haha..
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
1985 f150 completed 2015
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
This is an 85 xlt that i built a few years ago . Mild built 5.0 with custom exhaust. Aod . Trac lock rear axle etc.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice looking truck.  By "built" you mean for someone, right?

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
Not really.  I built it for myself but then i sold it. I seem to do that. I really like bullnose trucks and i love building restomods and restoring them.  I dont build these for other people . I build what i like. I do other commision work and custom work  but frame off builds i do on my own.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by mat in tn
Interesting.  I've only sold two Bullnose trucks after working on them "significantly".  The '82 Explorer got a new engine and I ported the heads myself.  And Rusty required both the rear diff and the t-case to be rebuilt, and I swapped engines with Dad's truck and then put it back.  Plus there was a whole lot of other work done on both trucks.  But in both cases I sold them because I was getting another truck - Dad's truck replaced the Explorer, and Big Blue replaced Rusty.

But now that I have "extensive" work on both of these trucks I could never sell them.  They've become part of me.  Or I'm part of them.  So I don't see how you do one so in-depth and sell it.  But both you and Cory apparently do that.  

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
Well i love doing them. I dont have all for sale but i cant keep them all. If i want to build another i must make room to do it.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
While working on our land my brother said my truck looked as if were in an old truck ad so i had to take a picBubba
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It does!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
So I don't see how you do one so in-depth and sell it.  But both you and Cory apparently do that. 
Hey...HEY!, Whoa... What is it you always say Gary, I resemble that remark...lol.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by mat in tn
mat in tn wrote
While working on our land my brother said my truck looked as if were in an old truck ad so i had to take a picBubba
Cool truck, and I love the topper(?)...we call them "Caps" around here, but I know they have a lot of different names depending on who you're talking to. Cap, topper, camper shell, etc.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
Gary Lewis wrote
So I don't see how you do one so in-depth and sell it.  But both you and Cory apparently do that. 
Hey...HEY!, Whoa... What is it you always say Gary, I resemble that remark...lol.
Yep, that's what Dad would have said.

He really had a lot of sayings.  While on the trip to Ouray my brother and I'd look at each other and grin, knowing what the other was thinking - Dad would have said "..."

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Out in the west caps or toppers are called canopies!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
the funny thing is that when i got bubba it had a roll bar and lights. thats what i prefer but i needed to keep my tools dry so i bought a topper / cap . that was 27 years ago. again i find practicality takes precedence. however i do like the old school topper look