Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: my own take on the 83 brochure....

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  Well done!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by 66gtk
Man, Could you make me one with my 88 once it's back from paint? That would be fun!
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You could probably sell them.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
Thanks Gary.  Truth is that I've been making custom car show type signs for nearly 20 years.
I'm making this image into an aluminum sign to display with the truck at cruise nights and such.

Haven't done much with that business lately for a number of reasons...

www.customshowboards.com
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Troy - I didn't realize you did or do that.

I did a really, really quick and dirty "show board" for Big Blue for the last of our shows.  It just consisted of two letter sheets of paper side-by-side on a piece of cardboard, kinda like below.  No pics, nada.

The intent was to highlight the one or two  changes that have been done on the truck rather than to show details they can probably see.  But that didn't seem to attract much attention, and this was the first show the truck has been to where it didn't get a trophy.

Not knowing what you charge, would you have some ideas on a show board for the truck?  Is that something you are still doing?

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
This is great! I saw this on Facebook and said that looks like Troy's truck, I must send it to him....then I realized who posted it haha. Well done man, this is very cool.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
That is sweet
In the AMC world guys would have the window sticker made to match the car they built.
Their car may not of come with extra gauges (rally pack) so they add it to the sheet with the code number price, etc.
It is pretty cool that it matches what the car has with code numbers & prices for back in the day.

Gary
I do have a photo book I put out on the radiator support, hood open windows down.
I do have 1 sheet that I lay on the seat that lists the non-factory things I did as they tend to look factory.

The photos are for the people that do not believe I did all the work and can show them just what was done.
Even the non-factory parts, dual tanks, custom bumpers F&R front have driving/fog lights, firewall replaced for AC along with the full dash and the ribbed bed floor.

What I also like is when you get guys that look inside and see 2 shifter sticks then look under for the 4x4 parts and not see any???
That is when I come over and tell them it is for over drive and can split every gear turning the 4sp into a 8sp transmission.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dave - That’s a good idea. I could do a photo book with pics of the t-case being powder coated, the engine being built, the upper and lower plenums and valve covers PC’d, the SAS/RSK, etc. I have LOTS of pics.

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary Lewis wrote
Dave - That’s a good idea. I could do a photo book with pics of the t-case being powder coated, the engine being built, the upper and lower plenums and valve covers PC’d, the SAS/RSK, etc. I have LOTS of pics.
I am afraid that «etc» is the key word...

Gary, a single book won't suffice, you're going to need at least a trilogy, probably a quadrilogy, and more likely an encyclopedia.
The truck will disappear behind a wall of picts and text.  Lot of typing to come!

And you'll need to find a different title, ´cause «The Neverending Story» is already used by someone else.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yeah, a little bit of work has been done to the truck.  

But if they see pics of the work then I think that's about the best I can do.  It isn't a gee-whiz truck with a perfect body that looks NOS.  Nor a go-anywhere Bronco with big wheels.  But it'll do anything I want it to do, for sure.

Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
This is super cool!  I'll have to keep this in mind for when I get my truck painted back into its original color.
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
But if they see pics of the work then I think that's about the best I can do.
I agree.  We live in a light speed world, in which reading a text (on top of that a technical one) is too much time consuming.  Images have much better impact, and "moving images" are at top.

If you really want to capture visitors attention, maybe an iPad sitting on the radiator support, with a loop slide show of your best pictures, a front cover from Troy, and your voice explanation in back ground, could have a huge success.

Even the shiniest truck exposed too close from BigBlue with a dull old fashion 8 1/2 x 11 in the window  will fade away.

It's all about seduction, the game is never a fair one, no?
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I not really concerned that Big Blue wins trophies. especially since lately he's only been going to my shows and the voters there are the people that wander in off the street.  However, if I were to take him to a more serious show then the iPad idea would be nice.  I could tell the story my way.