door stickers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

door stickers

mat in tn
just a topic that I'm interested in and wondering about others who have dealt with it or not. each time I strip a truck I end up wasting the door sticker. it bugs me!!when doing a repaint and it's the same color I mask it and save it from getting disturbed. but not always an option. it's just a sticker and it has the vin on it along with great info but sometimes that info is no longer correct. color, tire size etc. It is not the vin tag which is the legal id for the truck. does anyone print this? either as a reproduction or even an updated version which would reflect current features. is it even legal to do so?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: door stickers

BigBrother-84
martiauto.com (Marti Report) does it.

I remember I found some others who reproduce it too, lost their name.  But Marti can «reproduce» a lost one, recreating it from scratch.

But frankly I begin doubting about Marti.  I am still waiting for my door sticker since months and months.  I received my report, but the sticker is still missing.

They say "working on it"...
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
thank you. that's a start at least. I guess there is a little credibility with it coming through marti but only if it actually shows up. I would be happy with an original reproduction but the idea of it reflecting color changes and possible upgrades is a novelty too. although I would not want to be forging an identity of a truck promoting that it came with options not yet available. like 4 wheel disc brakes or 4r70w trans.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Matt, I received my Marti report today.

Take a look at this post:
https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/VCL-Vehicle-Certification-Label-aka-Door-jamb-sticker-or-Door-Tag-tp123238p130532.html
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.