Options

1 Comment

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
BigBrother-84 BigBrother-84
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workin

Bullnose at work!  Always fun to see that kind of pic.

Big Brother use to tow our manure trailer once a month, for the barn to the piece of land dedicated to receive it.  A flat 16' trailer, I use my old Kubota B21 to empty it (this is the same trailer I use to carry the tractor on the road when needed).

Last year, a friend of mine proposed me to give a try to his dumper trailer, a 14'.  This was the scary experience of my life!

I now know these things need to dump on a flat surface.

The trailer was on a slightly sloped ground surface.  Nothing to notice when a normal use.  But when the trailer box goes almost vertical and is full loaded of sticky manure, it can fall on its side so easily!

By chance, I have avoided the catastrophe and was able to get down the dumper slowly before it falls...  Finally, had to empty it with the tractor.

Conclusion, when using a long dumper trailer, if not filled with dry stock that will glide easily from the box, a perfectly horizontal surface (and no wind! ) is critically important!

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.