classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where to Buy OEM-Style Steelie Wheels?

swampedout
Hey folks,

My truck did not come with a spare, and I'm looking to remedy that. I've searched around partsgeek and autozone and they all do that annoying thing where the website has what I want until I put it in the checkout and it says it's not available.
Discount tire has some aluminum rims but I'm hoping for steel.

So if anyone has any leads on 16x6 8 bolt steelies I'd love to know.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Where to Buy OEM-Style Steelie Wheels?

delco1946
They are everywhere at the JY if you have one nearby. I think mine were $10 dollars apiece. Les Schwab (or a similar tire center ) can blast ($10) and paint or powder coat (cant recall which) them for another ~ $33.
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by swampedout
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by swampedout
Wheel Vintiques has some eight lug wheels that look close and fit our hubcaps.
Style 82, I believe.

I think I found that Summit's eBay store had them cheapest.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Be carefull that you are buying the correct off set wheel. The offset is measured from the ground to the to the bottom of the pilot hole with out a tire on them( the part that will face the hub down). There have been several different offsets and pilot hole sizes sense the 60's to present. The offset deep the tire sits inside the fender and therefore what it will and wont rub on, IE, calipers, steering componants, frame, ect
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC