classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Too rich run / no idle after starting

ReneH
Hi Matt,

yes, based on the knowledge I have got since over one year working on this engine, I'm with you at this point. I was also in the beginning, but others told me that the EEC won't do anything else with or without the whole emissions control hardware. So I've ignored it and searched for other reasons.

After reading this very good book, I've sent scans above, I'm also convinced that it makes a difference...in particular if I consider how important are the emissions systems in the USA...it would be strange if the EEC won't care if it works or not...

As I have done a complete new wiring harness, I don't have added cables that I don't need. So by having a new EEC connector with more than enough empty pins left over it will be no problem for me to add the resistors and check what's happening.

I've got very deep inside how the EEC-IV is working, so let's call this whole thing a lesson learned and I hope that adding the resistors will solve the rich run and idle problem. But i still will check the TPS range tomorrow.
René's Profile

Bronco 1986 Ford Bronco XLT 302/347 stroker with 351W EEC-IV and 351W factory cam C6 gearbox. Jeep 1986 Jeep CJ7 256 I6 with T5 gearbox. Buggy 1972 HAZ Buggy 122 Ford Cologne V6
Baron 1994 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 183 V6 4-speed automatic
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
this part is where it gets very interesting for me. if there is a means of communicating with the ecu that gives me more input then, I am interested. and I love watching along as others work. sometimes I see hazards and sometimes I see genius. I primarily use carburetors on things I build but I use efi a lot too. I just work with the ecu as completely as possible as I do not like a customer to say that my redesign did not work. especially if it cost them more money or inconvenience. I do experiment on my own trucks though.
Reply | Threaded
|

ReneH
Ok. I'll keep you up to date. The resistors will arrive tomorrow. I have measured that the other two EGR solenoids have another resistance. 40 ohms instead of 75 ohms, so I have also bought them. The TAB and TAD have both 75 ohms unencumbered (I hope this word is correct...)

So, if it works, I'll build up a box for them near the ECU.

I think there is much possible in manipulate the sensor data with basic electronics. As you know how it works, you can maybe build up a black-box to simulate, edit or fine-tune some data and as a result the behavior  of the ECU, without manipulating the ECU itself.
René's Profile

Bronco 1986 Ford Bronco XLT 302/347 stroker with 351W EEC-IV and 351W factory cam C6 gearbox. Jeep 1986 Jeep CJ7 256 I6 with T5 gearbox. Buggy 1972 HAZ Buggy 122 Ford Cologne V6
Baron 1994 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 183 V6 4-speed automatic