To Horn or not To Horn

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

To Horn or not To Horn

BigBrother-84
I am not a physicist, but I think I understand the principle of Entropy: The nature tends to de-organise all organized systems.  So, every working mechanic will tend to… break.

Everything went well with Big Brother for couple of months.  Two weeks ago the horn started to fade.  And last week, it died.  I tested the horn directly on the battery, it was loud and perfectly working.  Tested the positive wire, was dead.  Followed it all the way, good condition.  Took out the steering and disassembled the flashing switch unit, to discover that the positive pole wasn’t springing and was depressed enough to not touch the steering back.

I gently pushed out one of the two little rivet.  Pivoting around the second one, I was able to take out the yellow wire and see that the spring was collapsed.  I took it out, stretched it and put it back its place.

Job done, everything is working.  Until Entropy does its dirty job.  Again.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: To Horn or not To Horn

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done!  But instead of entropy you may be dealing with the chaos theory.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI