The TTB Thread Link

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The TTB Thread Link

CountryBumkin
I saved this link on TTB info because I find it very useful and often refer others to it.

If you want, this may be a useful link to add to the "Resources" thread - or maybe you don't want to link people back to your old nemesis, the FTE site.

But here it is, if you want it.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1040965-the-ttb-thread.html#post9978043
-Mike
1982 F250 4x4 XLT Lariat, 460cid, 9.5:1, TFS 290 Street Port heads, Crane Hyd. Roller cam (278/286 adv.,216/224 @.050, .560"/.586" lift), Edelbrock Performer 460 intake, MSD Atomic TBI fuel injection, MSD 6AL ignition, MSD Billet distrib., Hedman headers, NOS Cheater system, 4" Suspension lift, 3" body lift, 4.56 gearing, 17x12.5Rx37 tires MT Baja ATZ-P3.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The TTB Thread Link

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mike - Thanks!  I don't mind referring people to FTE at all. I certainly don't think everything needs to be on my site, but when creating something, or re-creating something that is broken, I'll do it on my site. That way I know things aren't going to be changed or pictures deleted - like some are in that thread.

So, I've created a Suspension thread in the Resource Links folder and pinned it, and included in it the link to that thread. However, that is a link to a list of links, some of which appear to be broken, followed by a lot of discussion about TSB's. To me that's not as helpful as having the links themselves in our Resource Links/Suspension folder.  I can bring those links over to that folder, and can fix the broken links if we can find the source. And, I can keep the link to that thread if the discussion itself is helpful.

But what do you think?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CountryBumkin
It would be great for users of this forum to be able to go straight from your Resources page to the information (and not a "link to a link") but that is a lot of extra work for you.

Don't kill yourself trying to make everyone else's life easier. It's okay to have the forum Users do a little leg work too. But if you want this site to be the best of the best, then your on your way to achieving that goal.
-Mike
1982 F250 4x4 XLT Lariat, 460cid, 9.5:1, TFS 290 Street Port heads, Crane Hyd. Roller cam (278/286 adv.,216/224 @.050, .560"/.586" lift), Edelbrock Performer 460 intake, MSD Atomic TBI fuel injection, MSD 6AL ignition, MSD Billet distrib., Hedman headers, NOS Cheater system, 4" Suspension lift, 3" body lift, 4.56 gearing, 17x12.5Rx37 tires MT Baja ATZ-P3.
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
CountryBumkin wrote
It would be great for users of this forum to be able to go straight from your Resources page to the information (and not a "link to a link") but that is a lot of extra work for you.

Don't kill yourself trying to make everyone else's life easier. It's okay to have the forum Users do a little leg work too. But if you want this site to be the best of the best, then your on your way to achieving that goal.
Where is the "Like" button?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by CountryBumkin
My goal is to have it be "the best of the best".  See what you think now: Suspension

Those are the links that work, and not all do.  And, it would be nice to put some organization to that, but I'll leave that for another day.  However, if y'all see obvious categories in which to sort them please tell me what they are.

But now I have a potential user that needs technical help.  Anyone know Brandon?  

Chris - I wish!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator

Gary Lewis wrote
But now I have a potential user that needs technical help.  Anyone know Brandon?  
Bruno2?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yup.  He made the mistake of texting me about needing help this weekend.  (Actually, he's returning my ball joint press.)  So I sent him a link to the garagemahal and asked him to join.  He has!  

Reply | Threaded
|

CountryBumkin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
My goal is to have it be "the best of the best".  See what you think now: Suspension

Those are the links that work, and not all do.  And, it would be nice to put some organization to that, but I'll leave that for another day.  However, if y'all see obvious categories in which to sort them please tell me what they are.
Looks real nice! And you listed the site where the link is located. Way to go the extra mile
-Mike