The Good, The Bad and maybe The Ugly?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Good, The Bad and maybe The Ugly?

Machspeed
Administrator
Your frame doesn't have that classic Bullnose rust look to it...LOL!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Good, The Bad and maybe The Ugly?

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by Tarheel Blue
Tarheel Blue wrote
And yes, I do plan to tie all of my various threads together in to one project thread sometime soon.
It might be a minute tho, just discovered that I get to fabricate an exhaust system from just before the Cat all the way back. Got some head scratching, cutting and welding in my near future.
Man that had to hurt cutting into the bed side

Kurt, do you have the EFI exh manifolds on the motor yet as I dont remember?
If so what Y pipe you using, single Y or the duel pipe that came on some trucks that run duels back to the muffler and 1 tail pipe out?

As you know I am running the EFI manifold you gave me to a single Y pipe. I have not run a cat since I put the truck together, so its just the mid pipe you cut for the different wheel base trucks.

Now I just replaced the exh system because the muffler inlet was pulling out and caused a leak.
I went with 94 system, mid pipe / muffler / tail pipe, as that is what the Y pipe was for IIRC and it is a little larger than the 80's pipes.
I did switch the quite muffler for a Thrush welded for a little better sound and I like it.

I did find that the Y pipe is a little larger than the mid pipe, cat must take care of that? So I had to use an adapter but the rest was a bolt in.... well I did have to cut off the trail pipe wire hangers and use the type they used on my truck.

If you want to hear and see it let me know and I can swing by.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100