classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap meet idea...

1986F150Six
Administrator
I will bring a hand full of license plates from my home state of Alabama. If anyone else likes the idea, they can bring some from their state [or country] and we can swap plates. That way, we all can have unusual plates to hang on the walls of our "man caves"!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap meet idea...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good idea!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
That's a good idea, I'll have to see if I can remember that!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I'll bring a few with me.  I'm sure I've got some laying around.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And I'll look some up as well.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Just refreshing this thread, since the show will soon be. I will have some from Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and maybe Texas. I would love to swap for states to the north and from other countries.

I like to hang them in my "man cave"!  
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Just a reminder as it is only 11 more days! Bring other items to swap or sell, as well!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I've got a handful in the passenger door already in place so I don't forget to grab them later!
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I'm gonna bring some license plates (Colorado & Illinois IIRC), some steering wheel stuff (I'd like to get one of them working on my own truck, the rest are free) and a non-AC dash frame that I'll never use (I later decided on factory AC, kinda like Fuzzy).

David - I rarely ever see Medium-duty-sized stuff out at my favorite yard anymore, it's been under new ownership for the past ~10 years and they're shrinking way back. The (non-self-service) yard next to them closed down recently, too.

I've also got a collection  of tools + spare parts + Qty 3 5-gal plastic gas cans that are coming along for the ride.

Does anybody need/want anything transported between here & there?

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Great idea. I have collected about 100 plates now. I have many Kentucky plates. I'd be willing to do some tradin'!!
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Ray Cecil wrote
Great idea. I have collected about 100 plates now. I have many Kentucky plates. I'd be willing to do some tradin'!!
That is the idea!

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Hey thanks for the idea on trading plates. I got a few that I needed. I left a few in the back of your truck too. Nice truck by the way. Sorry I had to jet quickly, had things to take care of before leaving for Kentucky.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Well, Ray, I have just now gotten around to the follow-up on this thread and now can appreciate who left the extra plates. Thank you so very much and it was a pleasure meeting you.

I want to thank all the others who participated! I have new ones to add to the wall of my "man cave"!

Let's do it again next year!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
1986F150Six wrote
Well, Cecil, I have just now gotten around to the follow-up on this thread and now can appreciate who left the extra plates. Thank you so very much and it was a pleasure meeting you.

I want to thank all the others who participated! I have new ones to add to the wall of my "man cave"!

Let's do it again next year!
I'll try to have a truck next year. I just let my renter down there extend his lease 6 months. So in the spring time I will be selling it. I'll have fat stacks burnin a hole in my pocket. So....i've really got my eye on a bullnose flareside, bronco, or a 65' F100....I really like the mid 60's F100's.