classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap Meet Items

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This thread is to try to capture the kinds of things people are looking to swap and/or buy at the show.

Start listing!!!!!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap Meet Items

Rembrant
Gary,

I won't be there, but I do have some miscellaneous Bullnose bits and pieces I could send. I'll have to review my stash and see what I can find that other's may want.

I'm not looking for much these days, but I'd be interested in a couple things if anybody has them:

Grey weave instrument cluster bezel with AC. A 1984 one would be ideal, but I'd consider other years if I could make them work.

A nice condition coolant/washer fluid reservoir, with bottom barb (if such a thing even existed...I think maybe later on, in 1986?). If not I'll have to find a cleaner replacement of the one I have now, which I think is out of a ranger.

That's all. I won't be there, but thought I'd mention these items if anybody is digging through their parts shelves and has these (and doesn't mind shipping).
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cory - That sounds like a nice offer.  Thanks!  Let's see what the others want.

As for the gray weave, I don't think I have one of those, but will look.

On the coolant recovery reservoir, you want one from 1985 or '86: Cooling Systems/Coolant Recovery & Windshield Washer Reservoirs.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I am looking for some 1986 Nutmeg interior parts:

1. Kick panels for manual vents
2. Manual vents
3. Under steering column collar
4. Ash tray

I am looking for really nice specimens of these as I have some from earlier years but the color doesn't quite line up. Looking for some I don't have to paint.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Last year, attendees brought extra license plates from their states and swapped for ones they did not have. I am bringing some [AL, GA, MS, TN, TX, etc.].
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
kramttocs wrote
I am looking for some 1986 Nutmeg interior parts:

1. Kick panels for manual vents
2. Manual vents
3. Under steering column collar
4. Ash tray

I am looking for really nice specimens of these as I have some from earlier years but the color doesn't quite line up. Looking for some I don't have to paint.
These kick panels would require painting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-86-FORD-TRUCK-KICK-PANELS-W-VENTS-TRIM-819/113858796501?hash=item1a82835bd5:g:tf0AAOSwojBdTbiU

Reply | Threaded
|

Rogue_Wulff
A couple items I would like to find are:
A decent condition red padded dash.
A decent condition pair of the solid center chrome caps used on the argent steel 8 spokes and alloy wheels.

1980 F150 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel NV4500 2.75 ratio 9"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Paul - I have 3 NOS solid center caps I'm taking to the show.  They are $80/ea as that's what I paid for them.  And, I have some used ones, of varying conditions, that will go for next to, if not nothing.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rogue_Wulff
Gary Lewis wrote
Paul - I have 3 NOS solid center caps I'm taking to the show.  They are $80/ea as that's what I paid for them.  And, I have some used ones, of varying conditions, that will go for next to, if not nothing.
Given the "Patina" look on my truck, just old used caps in moderate condition will be plenty sufficient. I've worked very hard(ly) at getting just the right "Patina" on it, for the last 22 years.
Thankfully, old faded paint is now the "in" thing it seems. Next thing you know, everyone will be wanting to cummins swap stuff as well.
I guess I just didn't know how ahead of the game I was......
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, Big Blue is getting more and more "in" as well - at least from the patina stand point.  No Cummins, but a Scotty The Mad Porter 460 will have to do.  Behind that will be the ZF5 you helped me get way back when.  Up front will be a D60.  (Interesting that Chrysler put that as a rear diff behind the Hemi back in the day.)  Nothing flash, just solid.

Anyway, I'll keep these caps until you look them over.  And, I have the screws.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Rogue_Wulff
Rogue_Wulff wrote
 Next thing you know, everyone will be wanting to cummins swap stuff as well.
You're actually not that far ahead, but I can't exactly remember when you completed the swap. Cummins swaps are very widespread, and have been for a few years now. People are swapping them into just about anything and everything Ford and Chevy makes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rogue_Wulff
salans7 wrote
Rogue_Wulff wrote
 Next thing you know, everyone will be wanting to cummins swap stuff as well.
You're actually not that far ahead, but I can't exactly remember when you completed the swap. Cummins swaps are very widespread, and have been for a few years now. People are swapping them into just about anything and everything Ford and Chevy makes.
I started the swap over 5 years ago, when I initially purchased the engine. The first drive was 7/17. Someday, I may get around to *actually* completing the build...….

However, I knew cummins swaps were somewhat common even before I started mine, heck the guy I work for has an 03 F350 with a 5.9 in place of the original 6.0 diesel. But, I've put more miles on mine in 2 years, than he has in more than 7 years.
When I started my swap, everyone said it was too much engine for a half-ton. These days, it's not that uncommon to find the same engine in a car...
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I've even seen a 1965 Ford Galaxie that has a 5.9 Cummins in it. lol.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Rogue_Wulff
Rogue, Ive been pondering a swap for little blue. Ive got a 4.9 LS chebbie sittin here. Been thinking about a 5.9 also. I have also read that most people say the 5.9 is too heavy for the half ton.

Im building an airplane now soon. So, probably going to live with the 300, as it works really good and is simple to work on.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Scott - i might have some nutmeg panels if you're not in a hurry. Also feel free to ping me at a later date - my truck is also nutmeg and tend to pull anything nutmeg i can find since its rarer. I pulled several panels and am working on installing the nicest ones in my truck. I could also take a pic of parts, and keep you in mind in the future.
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks! I appreciate it. When I get ready to work on the interior I'll reach out. Are your kick panels the cutout ones for the floor vents?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio