classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap Meet Items: What I'm Bringing & What I'm Looking For

Gary Lewis
Administrator
For those of you bringing things to the swap meet or looking for things while at the swap meet, list them here.  Perhaps something that's listed will get someone to come, or someone looking for something will jog another's memory to "bring that".
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap Meet Items: What I'm Bringing & What I'm Looking For

ratdude747
Items I will (or might) bring:

(Not listing prices as I don't want this thread turning into a silent auction... and some of these I honestly don't know!)

Bullnose specific:

-8ft Vinyl Tonneau cover. Cover (I think) is hole free, but I have ironed on a patch or two to get it there. Ran on my truck for one winter. Didn't agree with my warped bed front. Needs a couple snaps replaced... weatherstripping probably needs redone too.
-Original non-tach instrument cluster. Needles have been (or will be) re-painted. For parts... I replaced mine with a tach/trip odometer cluster, swapped a gauge or two, and took the clear cover since the tach cover shattered on me (drilled and epoxied the odometer reset button). If you need a gauge (and want one that has the needle painted already!), I'm willing to part it out...

-Knobbed radio mounting plate: Came off my truck, replaced with a cleaner one that came with a radio I got at a junkyard. Don't need two...

-(maybe) Used but working headlight/dimmer switch. Replaced in a futile attempt to fix my dome lights (ended up being a rotten wire in the cab corner).

-(maybe) Paint shot "turbine" hubcaps. Replaced with better condition units. Needs repainted...

Not bullnose specific:

-(maybe) Black Plastic full-size Delta Truck toolbox. Needs TLC (one or two metal tie bars in the bottom need replaced due to rust). Been sitting outside my garage in the scrap metal pile and used as a work surface; I've had it for a few years (longer than I've had my Bullnose!) and was intending to use it for outdoor storage. Found for free at the side of a country road. This one will be a freebie if I bring it as other than a bit of elbow grease, I have literally nothing invested in it.

-(Maybe) Cobra 12 WX ST CB radio. Has original mic, mount bracket/screws, and box/manuals. Two nuts broke on the front knobs (opened unit and removed chunks to avoid shorts). Used on my bullnose for a couple years before being replaced with a 25 LTD Classic. Bought NOS at a goodwill

-Taurus 2-speed radiator fan. Used but working. Was supposed to be an upgrade for my 1995 ranger but I didn't have water pump clearance (used a single speed 2011 Dodge Journey fan and a Derale PWM controller instead). I have NIB control parts to go with it (two relays, diodes, BMW 195/210 degree switch and connector pigtail, radiator hose sensor adapter, and an M14 tap to make the adapter fit the sensor)... and a cut up Ranger 4.0 fan shroud for such (would only work on a manual with a single core radiator).

-Craftsman inductive timing light. I have two identical units... only really need one of them. has original box and manual.

-(If I can find it) New in package Lisle piston ring pliers. Ordered two of them in error... whoops!

There's some other items I have (a lot of them ranger specific, and some misc. car speakers), but I don't think will be of interest... but if anybody wants anything like that, do tell.

Looking to buy: IDK. I'll know it when I see it.

1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice list!  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
One other item (or a set of 4): 15" 5x4.5" old ranger "riveted" rims. Three are factory Ford (OEM'd be Alcoa supposedly) with shot clearcoat. One is a lookalike, probably American Racing with good clearcoat. No hubcaps. No tires. Ran on my 1st ranger for a couple years until I found better looking rims at Pull-a-Part. Considered running on my car trailer but the width/spacing doesn't seem to be compatible. Been sitting on my deck for several years, bead seats still in good shape (no corrosion last I looked).
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Just thought of something I'd like to find/buy: Intact spare tire bracket and mount screw/hardware. Mine was missing when I bought the truck and everything I've found at JY's has been siezed and not removable with yard permitted tools (no torches allowed!). Bonus for a spare tire too, but I can get another rim and tire anywhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
ratdude747 wrote
Just thought of something I'd like to find/buy: Intact spare tire bracket and mount screw/hardware. Mine was missing when I bought the truck and everything I've found at JY's has been siezed and not removable with yard permitted tools (no torches allowed!). Bonus for a spare tire too, but I can get another rim and tire anywhere.
On eBay; expensive: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154558935399?hash=item23fc6e3167:g:x9UAAOSwDAphDK3B

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
I'll pass at that price... yikes!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Larry - You do know that there are different spare tire carriers, right?  Read up on it here: Documentation/Exterior/Spare Tire Carriers.  Just don't want you to get the wrong one.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I have a few items to bring and will possibly find a few more as I go through the storage area:

* (4) factory wheel centers for 2WD. The chrome is quite good. The red centers have faded.
* (6) factory screws for center caps.
* (4) factory bumper bolts with the stainless capped heads.
* A red ash tray with the blue light filter and cigar lighter.
* Factory steering wheel; good condition.
* Stock valve cover for 1984-1986 4.9L.
* Fuse panel cover [E2TB-14A003-AA].
* Blue panel piece with the rubber seal which fits just below the steering column [E0TB-1004459-A].
* (2) headlight retainer rings [rectangular].
* (1) plastic trim piece which covers the seat frame where it folds forward [3561685 E3TS].
* 1985/86 woodgrain XL center bezel with openings for clock [E5TB-15045A98-HA]. The woodgrain has not faded or turned purple, but the top two fasteners are damaged. FREE TO ANYONE NEEDING IT!

* Factory two tone horns and wiring.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
And, this will be Gary's to sell. It is a rebuilt 75A 2G alternator with new electrical pigtail connection. It is still in the original box and Gary gave it to me a couple of years ago. It turns out that I never needed it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So that's where it went.  I was glad it found a home, but happier still that you didn't need it.

Looks like there will be two alternators in the "swap meet" stuff, but the other one is the Powermaster that I promised Scott.

I also have other things, so I'll try to detail them as well.  Like several NOS center caps?

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
I also have other things, so I'll try to detail them as well.  Like several NOS center caps?
Seems like someone found an entire set and you only needed one?
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
1986F150Six wrote
I have a few items to bring and will possibly find a few more as I go through the storage area:

* (4) factory wheel centers for 2WD. The chrome is quite good. The red centers have faded.
* Blue panel piece with the rubber seal which fits just below the steering column [E0TB-1004459-A].
* (1) plastic trim piece which covers the seat frame where it folds forward [3561685 E3TS].
* 1985/86 woodgrain XL center bezel with openings for clock [E5TB-15045A98-HA]. The woodgrain has not faded or turned purple, but the top two fasteners are damaged. FREE TO ANYONE NEEDING IT!

I am bringing some left over vinyl seat material bought from SMS for my 1986. It is red and the material used in the original inserts. There is likely enough to repair 1 or 2 inserts [1 lower and 1 upper?]. You may have it for free.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .
1986F150Six wrote
1986F150Six wrote

I am bringing some left over vinyl seat material bought from SMS for my 1986. It is red and the material used in the original inserts. There is likely enough to repair 1 or 2 inserts [1 lower and 1 upper?]. You may have it for free.
A few more items:

* EEC-IV FBC-ISC3 8K MROM [computer] - E5DF-12A650-H2A This was pulled from a 1985 F150 [61K miles; a former city utility dept. vehicle] with auto. transmission and 4.9L engine.
* Black plastic valve cover mounted solenoid(s) cover from a 1985 F150 [see above] - E4TF-12B535-AA
* Black exterior mirror: E4TZ-17682-D = D/S - in original box w/o screws or gasket.
* Black exterior mirror: E5TZ-17682-B = D/S - in original box w/o screws or gasket. It has a vertical dent on the back.
* (2) anti rattle springs for door window crank.
* (4) protective plastic spacers which are between the window crank and the door panel. - [spoken for; Gary Lewis]
* Instrument cluster bezel w/o AC - E0TB-10045C90-A.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hey David!  I'd like the (4) protective plastic spacers which are between the window crank and the door panel.  Please name your price.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Email sent to you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by ratdude747
ratdude747 wrote
Items I will (or might) bring:

(Not listing prices as I don't want this thread turning into a silent auction... and some of these I honestly don't know!)

Bullnose specific:

-8ft Vinyl Tonneau cover. Cover (I think) is hole free, but I have ironed on a patch or two to get it there. Ran on my truck for one winter. Didn't agree with my warped bed front. Needs a couple snaps replaced... weatherstripping probably needs redone too.
-Original non-tach instrument cluster. Needles have been (or will be) re-painted. For parts... I replaced mine with a tach/trip odometer cluster, swapped a gauge or two, and took the clear cover since the tach cover shattered on me (drilled and epoxied the odometer reset button). If you need a gauge (and want one that has the needle painted already!), I'm willing to part it out...

-Knobbed radio mounting plate: Came off my truck, replaced with a cleaner one that came with a radio I got at a junkyard. Don't need two...

-(maybe) Used but working headlight/dimmer switch. Replaced in a futile attempt to fix my dome lights (ended up being a rotten wire in the cab corner).

-(maybe) Paint shot "turbine" hubcaps. Replaced with better condition units. Needs repainted...

Not bullnose specific:

-(maybe) Black Plastic full-size Delta Truck toolbox. Needs TLC (one or two metal tie bars in the bottom need replaced due to rust). Been sitting outside my garage in the scrap metal pile and used as a work surface; I've had it for a few years (longer than I've had my Bullnose!) and was intending to use it for outdoor storage. Found for free at the side of a country road. This one will be a freebie if I bring it as other than a bit of elbow grease, I have literally nothing invested in it.

-(Maybe) Cobra 12 WX ST CB radio. Has original mic, mount bracket/screws, and box/manuals. Two nuts broke on the front knobs (opened unit and removed chunks to avoid shorts). Used on my bullnose for a couple years before being replaced with a 25 LTD Classic. Bought NOS at a goodwill

-Taurus 2-speed radiator fan. Used but working. Was supposed to be an upgrade for my 1995 ranger but I didn't have water pump clearance (used a single speed 2011 Dodge Journey fan and a Derale PWM controller instead). I have NIB control parts to go with it (two relays, diodes, BMW 195/210 degree switch and connector pigtail, radiator hose sensor adapter, and an M14 tap to make the adapter fit the sensor)... and a cut up Ranger 4.0 fan shroud for such (would only work on a manual with a single core radiator).

-Craftsman inductive timing light. I have two identical units... only really need one of them. has original box and manual.

-(If I can find it) New in package Lisle piston ring pliers. Ordered two of them in error... whoops!

There's some other items I have (a lot of them ranger specific, and some misc. car speakers), but I don't think will be of interest... but if anybody wants anything like that, do tell.

Looking to buy: IDK. I'll know it when I see it.
Bringing all of the above...

Also, I am bringing my bottle of Tester's Florescent Orange needle paint and some Q-tips... if you have gauges you want the needles painted on, bring them.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
1986F150Six wrote
1986F150Six wrote
1986F150Six wrote

* (4) factory bumper bolts with the stainless capped heads. [Sold]
* Factory steering wheel; good condition. [Sold]
* Blue panel piece with the rubber seal which fits just below the steering column [E0TB-1004459-A]. [Sold]
* (2) headlight retainer rings [rectangular]. [Sold]
* 1985/86 woodgrain XL center bezel with openings for clock [E5TB-15045A98-HA]. The woodgrain has not faded or turned purple, but the top two fasteners are damaged.  / [Given away]

A few more items:

* EEC-IV FBC-ISC3 8K MROM [computer] - E5DF-12A650-H2A This was pulled from a 1985 F150 [61K miles; a former city utility dept. vehicle] with auto. transmission and 4.9L engine.
* Black plastic valve cover mounted solenoid(s) cover from a 1985 F150 [see above] - E4TF-12B535-AA
* Black exterior mirror: E4TZ-17682-D = D/S - in original box w/o screws or gasket.
* Black exterior mirror: E5TZ-17682-B = D/S - in original box w/o screws or gasket. It has a vertical dent on the back.
* (2) anti rattle springs for door window crank.
* (4) protective plastic spacers which are between the window crank and the door panel. - [spoken for; Gary Lewis]
* Instrument cluster bezel w/o AC - E0TB-10045C90-A.