Styleside Bed rails original for sale / trade

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Styleside Bed rails original for sale / trade

James191145
Wondering if anyone has any interest in these nice original bed rails. If your in my area (Greenbrier , TN 37073) make an offer. I don't think shipping is a good idea. Will trade also.

"Brother Charles" 1984 F-250 6.9IDI 4x4 BWT19
"Lacy" 1984 F-250 6.9IDI 4x4 ZF5
"Tommy" 1985 F-250 4x4 300ci ZF5
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Styleside Bed rails original for sale / trade

ratdude747
Two questions:

1. How do they mount to the bed? Rubber wedges?

2. Looks like you have an 8ft bed, correct?

1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

James191145
Yes it is an 8ft bed. It has been a while since i have had them off and cant remember exactly how they mount. I am pretty sure a big slotted screwdriver is all thats needed to remove them so i assume it would have to be some sort of expanding retainer.
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Ah. Trying to see if they're compatible with my bedliner. Maybe I need to make a road trip here? Email sent.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by James191145
James191145 wrote
Yes it is an 8ft bed. It has been a while since i have had them off and cant remember exactly how they mount. I am pretty sure a big slotted screwdriver is all thats needed to remove them so i assume it would have to be some sort of expanding retainer.

If I can help, I fitted OEM rails on Big Bro last year.

I can provide pictures and instructions for the parts.

Larry:  If you have a 1984 long bed, they should fit.
If there are missing parts, I have some spare ones.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Right now I have the drop-in bedliner that Gary pulled off big blue. It's an "over the rail" style that's held in with stake hole anchors.

It looks like these mount the same way as the stake hole anchors I have. The existing anchors are cheap and I've had durability issues. Hoping some rails like this would be a bit more durable.
Reply | Threaded
|

James191145
I wouldn't call these bed rails durable at all. I have always treated them very lightly. No way I would put a ratchet strap on them. I tie tarps down for dump runs and that's about it. Bungee cords and ropes only and even then I wouldn't trust them to hold anything with weight.  I consider them decorations. Will they hold your bedliner down, probably but the bases are made specifically to the contour of the bed so they probably wouldn't sit right and be even less durable.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
This post was updated on .
I fully agree with James.

Before the resto, Big Bro had very tough (but very ugly) homemade rails, heavy C steel channels solidly bolted on top of the bed sides.

As tonneau cover, I was sliding plywood sheets in the C channels.

I deleted this setup during the resto.  Looking at the result, I found that something was missing...  so I looked for nice OEM rails.

They are nice, and useful for light anchorage.  The steel chromed pods are very solid, but the aluminum rails themselves are somewhat "fragile".
They are also rare.

Good to know before choosing the OEM rails.

They are far from perfect...  but they are OEM.

I like them a lot.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Not worth my time and money then. Save them for a show truck. Not my daily, lol.