Bullnose Forums

Spicer U-Joint Part Numbers

Jeff S

I am trying to order all the u-joints I need to replace all of them on the front/rear driveshafts and front axle on my 82 Bronco. Does anybody know the different part numbers for Spicer non-greasable u-joints? I think there are three different ones but I can't find a list anywhere.

Steve, thanks. It might help - if I could map to what I'm finding to what you show.

The master parts catalog shows several "parts lists" for the D44 front axle. Jeff's axle is probably a 30.3L, M, or N. Here's an excerpt from the parts list that includes the "N". Note that for a u-joint is shows a "kit" and it is part # D3TZ 3249-A. Thank you very much, Ford, but that part number does not show anywhere else in the catalog but in parts lists.

U-Joint_Kit_3249.thumb.jpg.cb3be3c8d4a2ce08096441230ef69883.jpg

But, the plot thickens. Here's their cross-reference from Ford part #'s to industry-standard part #'s. Note that there are no D3's. And, they are all "4635", which is a u-joint, not "3249" which is a kit. So I'm trying to track down what a D3TZ 3249-A includes in the way of u-joints.

And, I'm poking around the Spicer site, but all I'm finding so far is "assemblies" and not the u-joints themselves. But I think that's going to be the best way to answer the question.

But, if we knew the dimensions. Wait a cotton-picking minute! I have the axles from Dad's truck laying on the bench, all powder-coated and shiny. Let me go take some measurements.... :nabble_smiley_super:

U-Joint_Industry_Designation.thumb.jpg.44da6c580b873ccd020aa302673170c6.jpg

Steve, thanks. It might help - if I could map to what I'm finding to what you show.

The master parts catalog shows several "parts lists" for the D44 front axle. Jeff's axle is probably a 30.3L, M, or N. Here's an excerpt from the parts list that includes the "N". Note that for a u-joint is shows a "kit" and it is part # D3TZ 3249-A. Thank you very much, Ford, but that part number does not show anywhere else in the catalog but in parts lists.

But, the plot thickens. Here's their cross-reference from Ford part #'s to industry-standard part #'s. Note that there are no D3's. And, they are all "4635", which is a u-joint, not "3249" which is a kit. So I'm trying to track down what a D3TZ 3249-A includes in the way of u-joints.

And, I'm poking around the Spicer site, but all I'm finding so far is "assemblies" and not the u-joints themselves. But I think that's going to be the best way to answer the question.

But, if we knew the dimensions. Wait a cotton-picking minute! I have the axles from Dad's truck laying on the bench, all powder-coated and shiny. Let me go take some measurements.... :nabble_smiley_super:

Bingo!

I really dislike the Spicer website and on-line catalog. Man, that thing is a pain. But, if you stay with it you can ultimately get to this page for a 1982 Bronco. And, to answer the question, a Dana 44 front axle takes 1310WJ u-joints.

So, now how to document this?????

Oh, and if you want to know what the axles should look like:

Dads_D44_Front_Axles_and_U-Joints.thumb.jpg.8d6ddb6aea96952d4dcb593467991faa.jpg

Bingo!

I really dislike the Spicer website and on-line catalog. Man, that thing is a pain. But, if you stay with it you can ultimately get to this page for a 1982 Bronco. And, to answer the question, a Dana 44 front axle takes 1310WJ u-joints.

Hmmmmm….. purdy! :nabble_smiley_good:

Bingo!

I love this site and its people. 'bookmarked for a future project reference. Thanks.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks a ton. The more I searched the more amazed i became that there was not just a simple list somewhere easy to find from ford or spicer. I did send a message to Spicer on their facebook page but just received a boilerplate reply with a link to their site.

Thanks a ton. The more I searched the more amazed i became that there was not just a simple list somewhere easy to find from ford or spicer. I did send a message to Spicer on their facebook page but just received a boilerplate reply with a link to their site.

There will be a simple place to go - here. :nabble_smiley_wink: