Sorry to miss the show!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sorry to miss the show!

Pete Whitstone
I planned on going, got up this morning and hit the road from the DFW area. Everything was going fine but after an hour, just into Oklahoma, I pulled into a rest area and had a very spongy brake pedal with very long travel. Something was very obviously wrong and I decided it would be far safer to limp the 60 or so miles back home, than to attempt several hundred more. Left lots of following distance and got it back home, popped the cover off the reservoir and found the back circuit empty. Started looking for wetness and found it at the point where the rear lines split on the axle. Cleaned everything off and put some fluid in, found it was dripping from the fitting there that goes off to the driver side wheel. So I tried tightening it, and it almost immediately snapped the flare off the line. It must have already been cracked and that was the source of the leak. So I made up a new line and bled it, and it's good now. But it was well into the afternoon and I never would have made it up in time. So it will have to be next year. Sorry I couldn't make it, I was looking forward to meeting you all.
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
92 F150 RCLB 351W E40D BW1356 mostly stock
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sorry to miss the show!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pete - I'm glad you are safe!  We missed you, but you made a good decision on turning back.  Hope you get it fixed soon.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Pete Whitstone
Yikes!

I know the feeling, having had to move my bullnose about 40 miles with no rear brakes (and no booster too!) when I bought the truck initially. Not fun!

We missed you. Here's to next year?!?!
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Glad that you and your truck are safe! You made the correct decision.