Seat belt and door buzzer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Seat belt and door buzzer

Fordboy300
Hey guys so I bought a used door buzzer for Big Red and it works when you open the door and the key is in but when you turn the key nothing happens when the safety belt light is on.  

Do you guys know if there is a separate buzzer because I do remember having the door open and both buzzers going off.  

BTW I forgot how loud this buzzer was with the doors open.  
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Seat belt and door buzzer

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You probably have the seat sensor unplugged on the floor beneath the seat where the 'buckle" side of the belt is is bolted to the floor.
(at least that's how I shut mine up.  )
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Fordboy300
I checked that yesterday when I plugged the knew buzzer in it was plugged in but I'll double check that again.  

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
The door buzzer is separate from the seatbelt buzzer.
if the "fasten seatbelts" indicator lamp comes on when you first turn the key, then you must have power from wire 640.

You see that the seatbelt buzzer is separate from the indicator light internally. (the light uses ground 701)
But the buzzer has C406, the belt switch and G803 externally.
So I would say it is ground 803 that is missing if connector 406 is secure and pin 5 of connector C240 at the module is tight.

Otherwise it could be an open circuit inside. Check for power out, by back probing pin 5 when you cycle the key.

Edit: Ground 803 is not listed in the 1986 EVTM....

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Fordboy300
Thanks buddy this is exactly what I was looking for.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Glad it helps.  

Let us know what you find.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Fordboy300
Update!  

Good morning everyone.  

So today I was getting Big Red ready for the local car show and it's our 1st one we attend this year.  So I'm cleaning the wheel and what not and I start shining the tires and I said "ahh lemme park it in the drive way" because I cleaned the wheels in the yard because my hose doesnt reach anywho so I go to turn on my truck and boom key on and the ignition buzzer just starts working.  At first I was why is the buzzer still going and the door is close and then it hit me I was so happy!  I'm not sure about you guys but I think the old girl has feelings  

I did all the procedures you guy told me to and I couldnt figure it out and out of the blue today it starts working!

Hope you guys have a Great Fathers day weekend!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  She must have feelings, and likes the attention.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Fordboy300
Ok, since it seems to be working now hopefully all is good.

I found one I had, will look later as I may have another. This is a later one but might work. PN on it is F2TB-10D840-AA and has 7 pins, one of which is smaller.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413