Roof Cut Section

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Roof Cut Section

Oz Econoline/F100
Hi Guys I heard someone over here may bet cutting up a cab? If so, I'm after a small section of the roof gutter and front A pillar/Window area. I'm will pay for the section and shipping if any one has this part of the roof.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Roof Cut Section

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I do not know if a '95 is the same as your 1980 truck, but if it is, tell me which side, and how far down the A pillar,  back along the rain gutter, and across the top of the windscreen you need.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I *do* know the door -opening- and front glass will fit across 1980-1996.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Last call!

Please tell me what you need, because I'm going to roll the truck over and chop it to bits.

If I have to remove the clearance lights for someone else, it will only take seconds to get the piece you want.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Thanks ArdWrknTrk I will have to ask the guys on here if the cab is the same from 1980 to 1996.If it does fit the 80's cab are you ok with cutting, wrapping and sending it to Australia at my expense of course?
Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Sorry - due to the time delay I've only just seen your post. This is how much I'm after
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So right side, halfway back, 6" down the A pillar and how far in across the roof?
I can try to cut it too big, and always make it smaller for shipping.

How does one ship parts to the bottom of the Earth?
Post? DHL?

What's it worth to you?
We should probably have that discussion by email but this is Gary's forum, so he makes the rules, not like FTE
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pricing discussions are fine on here. It is your call.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Having done a lot of stuff like this, over the years . . I'd go for the entire roof.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
He want about 3 inches in from the gutter. I was going to go 6" but as you said bigger is better and trim for shipping.
Only reason I told Darin to ask you is mine is from the roll over parts truck and is bent up pretty good and I think not worth shipping to OZ.

Pete the whole roof would be nice but shipping to OZ would be killer!
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Ok

I have a fresh blade in my cutoff saw.
I hope to get it done soon
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Thanks for your help guys - I've sent a PM.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Darin - Jim is wondering if the top on my truck would be good for you and he could give the complete cab on his to a guy that helped him.  Mine is from a '90, which should be the same, but it has a few minor dings.  Here are pics thereof.  Please let me know.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary,
He only wants 6"(150mm) down the A pillar, half way back along the top of door and 3" (75mm ) across the roof.

Theo hadn't  asked about the cab of the Super Duty until last night, although I did offer when he was helping pull the engine at 10 PM last week.
It would be HUGE if I could give him the cab complete for his Flareside project.

But I want to make sure Darin gets what he needs (likely due to a rusty gutter)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Tomorrow I’ll go back through this thread and see it I can work out exactly what he wants. I dont need it, so I’ll be happy if someone can use it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
With Brandon's help I cut the whole roof off Huck.  I'll tuck it back for September.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Thanks Gary for that - I would love to be able to take the whole section home but unfortunately it's too big and our original shipper is not doing it anymore. I'll have to find time to cut the sides off it when we get there in September if that's ok with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cutting it down when you get here was the plan all along as I knew you couldn't get the whole thing there.  But it was easier for me to cut the pillars and know that I have what you need than to lay it out from pictures and hope I have it.

And, I have three upper hinges set back with your name on them.  I don't think you need three, but they were laying there and I couldn't remember what you need for sure so I tagged them all.

What else?

Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Thanks Gary I will have look at what I may be chasing when I get back onto the truck. And two of those hinges will be fine Thanks