classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Replacement Condenser Core

Machspeed
Administrator
For those of you interested and in need of a new condenser for your truck's AC system (Factory Air), I believe there is a relatively good replacement option out now. In the past, had read some things regarding the need for spacers and other required modifications to get some of them to fit. Recently I purchased a condenser from AZ, item pictured below. It was not a complete bolt in fit, as I had to drill holes for the two bottom brackets but other than that, it fit nicely. Those bottom brackets did not line up with the factory nut plate location and there was no way I could move the nut plates to bolt it in. I'll let my pictures below do the talking, but the new condenser slid right in and bolted up at the top. All my AC lines fit too! The new unit is of a different design, maybe just a little smaller in width but thicker. It looks factory to my truck and cools nicely.

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Replacement Condenser Core

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done, John.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Replacement Condenser Core

Littlebeefy
I found another one that worked on my 84 core perfectly without spacers. Not identical to the other pictured, but it definitely fits: GPD 3605C

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3919806&cc=1105793&pt=6708&jsn=1
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior